Check your account email address ×

Runs in the democratic party

JEFF

Clinton renews attack on Trump as unfit to command U.S. nuclear arsenal

By John Wagner, Jenna Johnson and Anne Gearan October 31 at 2:23 PM 

KENT, Ohio — Hillary Clinton sought Monday to redirect the focus of the presidential race to national security and Donald Trump’s fitness for office after days of damaging uncertainty over a renewed investigation into her email use when she was secretary of state.

The Democratic nominee addressed the email issue at the start of a speech about national security that marked a departure from her standard stump speech, as Democrats are reeling from news that FBI Director James B. Comey is revisiting his probe into the potential mishandling of classified material.

“I’m sure a lot of you may be asking what this new email story is about, and why in the world the FBI would decide to jump into an election with no evidence of wrongdoing,” less than two weeks before Election Day, Clinton said. “That’s a good question.”

“I understand. And as I’ve said, I’m not making any excuses,” for setting up her private email system as she did, Clinton said. “I’ve said it was a mistake and I regret it.”

She predicted that the new inquiry will reach the same conclusion as Comey did at the end of the FBI investigation in July, when he announced that despite what he called sloppiness, there was no evidence of criminal conduct.

Hillary Clinton on the campaign trail

Campaign_2016_Clinton-9c1c7.jpg
View Photos
The Democratic presidential nominee hits the road as Election Day nears.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/new-clinton-ad-revisits-famous-daisy-ad-as-democrats-try-to-move-past-damaging-fbi-news/2016/10/31/294a9be0-9f6f-11e6-a44d-cc2898cfab06_story.html