Check your account email address ×

My Parents House.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Yup she had every precious moments figure released since day one. Every Avon figurine filled with vile scents from 1950. Wife did most of the treasure hunting for a month. I helped for days. We found Savings Bonds from the 60’s...then silver coins. Other family members argued all that stupid shit was priceless. We had a few collectors look at it and they all said the same...because everyone from that generation collected that shit and have been dying for years the market is flooded with the crap. It’s not worth a dime.

Some of the silver had value but most was worth it’s silver weight only.

Had the dumpster too and the call to everyone if you want some of the shit come get it before a certain date or it was dumpster junk. We cleaned out the house and now get calls from family members to come look at shit that’s long gone. They are not happy.

Yep, sounds very familiar.  

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

MIL passed in March. I could go on about the property but it’s too frikkin long.

Sorry to hear about your MIL.  Hahaha on the story part.  I figured I would post this because I know many of us are close in age and going through similar life circumstances.  My story has a happy ending because some family will move into this old house and enjoy it for many years.  

My youngest sister sent me the Zillow link a couple weeks back and said "I told you we should have remodeled it and sold it for way more".  I said "We?  Are you kidding me?.  You did nothing to help me get the house ready for sale."   Hahaha.  What a dumb bitch.  

• Haha 1

Ours went pretty smoothly as we all get along. My sis was living with dad because she was recently divorced and was helping him out. She took over the house and got a loan and paid us all off. She couldn’t afford the full value of the house so we gave it to her a bit cheaper just to help her out. 

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Sorry to hear about your MIL.  Hahaha on the story part.  I figured I would post this because I know many of us are close in age and going through similar life circumstances.  My story has a happy ending because some family will move into this old house and enjoy it for many years.  

My youngest sister sent me the Zillow link a couple weeks back and said "I told you we should have remodeled it and sold it for way more".  I said "We?  Are you kidding me?.  You did nothing to help me get the house ready for sale."   Hahaha.  What a dumb bitch.  

Of course that what she wanted. She knew you would do more work and she would get more money.

• Like 2