Check your account email address ×

City of Lansing and weed licensing

So the City of Lansing decided to close down all pot dispensaries, but to allow 25 to buy a license and remain open

Heres my issues, i see this as pay to play and can the city deposit the money in the bank? Since weed is still federally illegal and the money for the license was obtained by people selling weed that are unable to deposit the money in banks

Does this bother anyone else?

Personally im glad to see less pot shops, there are 5 on one corner, but this seems wrong

5k for a license and only 25 issued (for now) a quick 125k for the city, my bet is as the greedy city government needs more money thell allow more licenses

11 hours ago, MiSledder said:

So the City of Lansing decided to close down all pot dispensaries, but to allow 25 to buy a license and remain open

Heres my issues, i see this as pay to play and can the city deposit the money in the bank? Since weed is still federally illegal and the money for the license was obtained by people selling weed that are unable to deposit the money in banks

Does this bother anyone else?

Personally im glad to see less pot shops, there are 5 on one corner, but this seems wrong

5k for a license and only 25 issued (for now) a quick 125k for the city, my bet is as the greedy city government needs more money thell allow more licenses

hell 5 k is cheep look at states like MN non refundable 100k just to apply and that is selling to  medical only and you have to more or less be in hospice to buy