Check your account email address ×

Trump's tale of crying Manhattan court employees was 'absolute BS,' law enforcement source says

The lying champion of the world….

Trump's tale of crying Manhattan court employees was 'absolute BS,' law enforcement source says

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-tale-of-crying-manhattan-court-employees-was-absolute-bs-law-enforcement-source-says-160349195.html 

Former President Trump’s claim to a Fox News anchor that New York court employees were “crying” and apologizing for his arraignment on felony charges is “absolute BS” and doesn’t remotely resemble what took place, a law enforcement source familiar with the details of what transpired that day told Yahoo News. 

“Zero,” said the source when asked how much truth there was to Trump’s colorful account. “There were zero people crying. There were zero people saying ‘I’m sorry.’” 

Trump offered his version of events in an interview with the Fox News host Tucker Carlson that aired Tuesday night. 

“When I went to the courthouse, which is also a prison in a sense, they signed me in, and I’ll tell you, people were crying,” Trump told Carlson. “People that work there, professionally work there, that have no problems putting in murderers, and they see everybody. It’s a tough, tough place, and they were crying. They were actually crying. They said, ‘I’m sorry.’ They said, '2024, sir. 2024.’ And tears were pouring down their eyes.” 

In fact, the source said, aside from his lawyers and Secret Service agents, Trump interacted only with a handful of district attorney employees at the courthouse and had extremely limited exposure with others during his arraignment last Tuesday in lower Manhattan.