Check your account email address ×

Man's best friend. some days !!!

Well we have doggie picture thread so I thought after my dog did hes best impression of  pig this weekend I'd start one about when they are not so cute !!!!!

Took my chocolate lab (jake) to camp for the first time this year (I have 100 acre bush lot).

All was going great, didn't tie him up and he was staying close, most of the time, I worry that he will get into a skunk or porcupine.

All of a sudden I hear him barking like crazy, great now WTF has he gotten into.

He found the one low spot about 20 yards from camp that had about 6 inches of water and 6 inches of mud in it.

I run to find him wallowing in the mud just like a pig.

Now I have a wet, muddy, stinking dog for the rest of the weekend, great !!!!!

I did have to laugh at him seeing how much fun he was having.

Mom hasn't seen him yet, I know she's going to be pissed.

• Like 1

Our chocolate lab is 7 months old and he's always up to something.  Wife planted flowers a couple weeks ago, we got home a couple nights later and she noticed one had been ripped out of the ground.  "That little bastard" she says, and I jokingly reply that she shouldn't blame him when she has no proof.  Just then he runs over, lays down by the flowers and rips another one in half.  He looks up at her with a big leaf hanging out of his mouth, the look on her face was priceless.  

• Like 2

Yup, my wife has a similar story about her flower beds and her "favorite " dog. Lol. We have 4 dogs.

We got married on Saturday.  On Thursday (2 days before the wedding), our Mastiff/Rottie and our Malinois/Shepard got in a fight.  My arm got in the Malinois's mouth as he went for the other's throat.  He's 65 lbs and handled me like a rag doll with all his head shaking and shit.  3 hours at emergency and a few stitches.  The wedding pics 2 days later show off my enormous puffy hand quite nicely.....ha

Fixed 'er up real good with booze after the ceremony though......