Check your account email address ×

Justice Jackson ripped for worrying about the First Amendment 'hamstringing' government: 'Literally the point'

• Platinum Contributing Member

:pc:  Amazing historical times coming for the US Supreme court with more huge decisions to be made.

Just wait who comes into this post and defends what she said.   Same people that hate Trump, defend almost EVERYTHING COVID and want us to spend 100's of billions more in Ukraine.  :lol:  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/justice-jackson-ripped-worrying-first-amendment-hamstringing-government-literally-point

"My biggest concern is that your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the federal government in significant ways in the most important time periods," she told the lawyer representing Louisiana, Missouri and private plaintiffs. 

"And so I guess some might say that the government actually has a duty to take steps to protect the citizens of this country, and you seem to be suggesting that that duty cannot manifest itself in the government encouraging or even pressuring platforms to take down harmful information," she continued.

"So can you help me? Because I'm really – I'm really worried about that because you've got the First Amendment operating in an environment of threatening circumstances from the government's perspective, and you're saying that the government can't interact with the source of those problems," Jackson added.

• Like 1