*****Official 2017/2018 Snowmobile Pics Thread*****

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, they are a handful.  2" of keel with an 8" bide.  I like that front end planted solid.  They're a handful though.  Spaghetti arms need not attempt!

:bc:

I had them on my Freeride a couple years ago.  It was like cheating with those things.  On groomed hardpack though it was a workout for sure. On crust, yikes :lol: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I had them on my Freeride a couple years ago.  It was like cheating with those things.  On groomed hardpack though it was a workout for sure. On crust, yikes :lol: 

Yeah...I don't do early morning rides very often.  After a good freeze it's a pretty touch wrestling match for sure.  

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Good ride today with the boy. Thin but overall can't complain. One overheat issue when we had to run some pavement to get to gas. 600 etec is sipping fuel and oil. My 09 600 never did as well as this one is doing.  1/3 better than my 800

IMG_20180225_074045.jpg

IMG_20180225_165805.jpg

Maybe cause hes lighter...

:popcornchair:

Monday solo 115 klick ride

Hecla Resort to Riverton up toWashow Bay then to Grindstone and back Hecla, then I took the west and north shoreline instead of the trail

Once again fantastic trails for a Monday
Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature

Found this on the South shore just east of the trail heading across to Riverton, thought it was weird looking driftwood that caught my eye but as I got closer it was a dead buck, too bad you need a tag in Manitoba to keep it,as it was a nice little rack
Image may contain: outdoor

back on the land Sandy Bay warm up shack
Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature

FRESH groomed trail north of Riverton, had to get octane booster as Riverton only has regular gaswall.gif

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

found some decent snow to play in just off the river in a swamp
Image may contain: snow, sky, outdoor and nature

fresh pressure crack south shore of Washow Bay just before Grindstone
Image may contain: sky, snow, nature and outdoor
had go a few hundred yards south to find a decent crossing
No automatic alt text available.
Grindstone trails fantastic for a mondaybeer_cheers.gif
Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Grindstone warm up shack shouth shore Grindstone
Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature

West side of Hecla Island shoreline riding
Image may contain: snow, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor and nature

back at Resort 115k
Image may contain: sky, snow, outdoor and nature

• Like 5

5 hours ago, HSR said:

A little backcountry riding

IMG_20180227_131718.jpg

IMG_20180227_144130.jpg

Great pics you guys.  I didn't ride last week after 2 full weekends and 6 days of riding, now I'm jonesing.  NE is hurting right now for snow, and its warm. :flush: 

On 2/27/2018 at 9:18 PM, Doos said:

Munising to Copper Harbor, foot of fresh in parts of the Keeweenaw.

FE53B019-0F72-47CB-97F2-E067CE240415.jpeg

F0B673F5-B6DD-487E-A563-255CCE25C466.jpeg

718B4C5F-4E2D-48D8-98BF-3C8CD8E8C65B.jpeg

CCFAF774-E111-4522-BDCB-45F2D604A580.jpeg

13D32C24-A388-4256-827F-295EF96B1EFE.jpeg

5F3F48DA-511B-47D7-8908-07ABD8B44574.jpeg

700028F7-9E8E-4C4B-8986-0F53A9B499CE.jpeg

Rental sled? I thought you were out of the sport for a while due to a motorcycle accident? 

Hoping to get up 2 more times this year, but with the way the weather has been, more than likely 1, not 2.   Never know whats gonna happen in March tho.  Could be 3-4 more trips :dunno:  Supposed to be a system coming in next week up there, but we'll just have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Rental sled? I thought you were out of the sport for a while due to a motorcycle accident? 

Hoping to get up 2 more times this year, but with the way the weather has been, more than likely 1, not 2.   Never know whats gonna happen in March tho.  Could be 3-4 more trips :dunno:  Supposed to be a system coming in next week up there, but we'll just have to wait and see.

No, buddy’s sled. They’re trying rope me back in, we’ll see. I mostly gave it up due to work schedule, and young kids. 

Theres plenty of snow in the woods N of 28, Tuesday’s weather made it rough around town but I’m sure it’s still good enough to go. 

21 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

It looks like he got a pic of you parked outside the bar  :bc:

20 hours ago, Doos said:

No, buddy’s sled. They’re trying rope me back in, we’ll see. I mostly gave it up due to work schedule, and young kids. 

Theres plenty of snow in the woods N of 28, Tuesday’s weather made it rough around town but I’m sure it’s still good enough to go. 

I'm still working on a few who got out when the economy took a dump.  One ride would be all it would take for a couple to get back into it.

We needed what we got down here yesterday to hit up N :flush:

2 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

It looks like he got a pic of you parked outside the bar  :bc:

Just making sure you found your favorite place to hang out. 

:news: