*****Official 2017/2018 Snowmobile Pics Thread*****

16 hours ago, Zambroski said:

So we decided to load up and put in at the gravel pit (Normana) just North of Duluth, we took a quick walk up the trail and decided that, well, there's enough for cooling but it was gonna be a rough one. AND CORRECT. Many places it seemed had less than 2 inches and the trail was not very forgiving at all. Some really beat up sections from logging activities made for a nice pants shitting moment or two with some really deep ruts. We headed up toward Two Harbors, MN...not sure how close we got but certainly to the "enough is enough" mark. It was fun but not ideal. I decided to leave my shocks the way the team had them before ...just to see. Like skipping a rock across a parking lot!!  So, be dialing those down and I think a softer spring in the primary is gonna be needed too. Other than that...new sled is a freaking riot and I missed the 800 torque ZERO ( @f7ben is a faggot  :lmao: ) Of course, we were never in a spot to fully pin anything...unless we were suicidal. Ran across a sled dog team twice...second time was a tad scary but without incident. Just a reminder to be careful out there. Not another sled in sight or sound...and for good reason. The "clicks and bangs" were frequent...and got annoying. Meh...either way, mid-December riding is a WIN!!! And it was a good shake down run for my new-to-me sled. This thing is stoopid!!! Gonna be sore tomorrow as I am clearly learning now which mucles and joints were punished today. Definitely need more snow here.

adfs.jpg

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

I have to admit, some of the people on this site are " BIG BASTIDS " in sledding. Nice trucks, nice trailers, latest and greatest in sleds. 

17 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Looks like beaner trailers are pretty fashionable now. I remember when they were to object of ridicule. :news:

the 250 mile ride to jackman will hopefully be the extent that sled sees a trailer this year then a 2 mile ride to storage end of season at the dealer.  I don't want a sled in my garage next summer.  

18 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

I have to admit, some of the people on this site are " BIG BASTIDS " in sledding. Nice trucks, nice trailers, latest and greatest in sleds. 

We had the gimp crew with us this weekend. One guy in a wheelchair and another with 2 fake hips. Put them on a 280 horse turbo sled and they’re Superman! Get off that wallet and live a little...you old grumpy fuck! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

We had the gimp crew with us this weekend. One guy in a wheelchair and another with 2 fake hips. Put them on a 280 horse turbo sled and they’re Superman! Get off that wallet and live a little...you old grumpy fuck! :lol: 

No Shit....the stupid old fuck is always running around bragging about what a baller he is. :slapping:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Got the boy out for a little ride around the yard and neighborhood. Hopefully he's hooked! 

Resized_20171217_161950_9675.jpeg

cat guys always buy the gear.  where is the YS's leather cat gear :dunno: 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Where are you riding Ed? 

West of Caddy. Been up since Thursday, rode a bit Friday but trails were junk. Woke up to some fresh this morning. :thumbsup:

Edited by Edmo

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Edmo said:

West of Caddy. Been up since Thursday, rode a bit Friday but trails were junk. Woke up to some fresh this morning. :thumbsup:

Nice.....I'm guessing we got a a foot last night and more on the way...wind is picking up now out of the west blowing 25 mph and NWS is a calling for another 8-10 through Wednesday.:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nice.....I'm guessing we got a a foot last night and more on the way...wind is picking up now out of the west blowing 25 mph and NWS is a calling for another 8-10 through Wednesday.:thumbsup:

Nice. I can’t get enough. Ran 2 tanks of gas thru the kitty today just riding the cottage loops. It’s fluffy out there!!! :dilly:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

All LES   Any base to pack that down on to ?!

Not much...with the traffic this week it will get smoked pretty quickly. Typically the more it snows this week the bigger the rollers. Just trying to get some before all the yahoos show up. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

Not much...with the traffic this week it will get smoked pretty quickly. Typically the more it snows this week the bigger the rollers. Just trying to get some before all the yahoos show up. :lol: 

That blows.  To much traffic right now. And with little to no base it really doesn't help at all.  Last time I rode over Christmas and New Year's was '99 up in Brimley. Great snow , but way to much traffic.  Probably won't be going anywhere til next weekend

12 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That blows.  To much traffic right now. And with little to no base it really doesn't help at all.  Last time I rode over Christmas and New Year's was '99 up in Brimley. Great snow , but way to much traffic.  Probably won't be going anywhere til next weekend

That's why we ride Sunday thru Wednesday. Riding faggot free...