Winter 2017

Looks like we can stick a fork in this winter.  Rain next week and up to plus 7 by the weekend.  Hopefully the long, long range is wrong.  Calling for mild and thunderstorms by the beginning of March.  Unless there is a crazy freeze and a lot of snow in February, most trails won't open in the Muskoka area

Edited by 04nightfire

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm see that. Forecast is worse now than a couple of days ago.

I've got $800 worth of groceries in the clubhouse freezer.

That's not good.  Hopefully the forecast is wrong and your trails are good to get the sledders to the clubhouse.  I'm hoping to do a Cochrane run at some point.  Only have 145 miles on this year. 

IDK, after the next couple of the days the forecast goes in different directions depending on who you are getting the source from.  I tend to not look out more than a few days, certainly not a week.  Lets hope for the best.

• Like 1

Left from raven lake this morning, trails are firm, slick and fast. No water really, looks like LOB finally capped over, just a sheet of ice from what I saw. Raven is well tracked with some slush.

Not overly busy, yet...

This is d101b and 77 split.

IMG_20170114_104729.jpg

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Gotta find something to do between rain drops and no snow

If you buy tickets online for Thu or Fri they are only $7.50 for the RV show

https://orvda.streamintickets.com/purchaseProductSP.aro?sum=Toronto+RV+Show

Boat show tickets are a lot more but if you sign up for the Captains Club and enter your email on the buy tickets page you get a discount as well. Adult admission is $15 instead of $20

https://www.tix123.com/tix123/eTic.cfm?code=TIBS2017

It's not for a while but the Sportsman Show is at the International Centre Mar 15 - 19

https://www.tix123.com/tix123/eTic.cfm?code=TSS2017

Put 150 miles riding out of Kearney yesterday. Trails were a bit soft but for the most part table top. Couple of guys that were up there with us but went a different route yesterday. They came across a lady that had a head on with a tree. Hopefully she makes out ok. They said she looked to be in rough shape. 

13 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Put 150 miles riding out of Kearney yesterday. Trails were a bit soft but for the most part table top. Couple of guys that were up there with us but went a different route yesterday. They came across a lady that had a head on with a tree. Hopefully she makes out ok. They said she looked to be in rough shape. 

Glad you got out. I'm heading back up tomorrow late afternoon. Should be good with some fresh snow by Tuesday. Hopefully shes ok for sure. 

22 hours ago, Reevester said:

Glad you got out. I'm heading back up tomorrow late afternoon. Should be good with some fresh snow by Tuesday. Hopefully shes ok for sure. 

Forecast doesn't look like any significant snow this week.  Get the lube ready.

25 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Forecast doesn't look like any significant snow this week.  Get the lube ready.

Little bit each day, not tons, but it should help freshen up the trails.....plus "normally" more snow tends to fall than forecasted as you get further East from GB, whereas areas closer to GB tend to get the bigger snow squall dumps. 

Edited by Stoney

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Little bit each day, not tons, but it should help freshen up the trails.....plus "normally" more snow tends to fall than forecasted as you get further East from GB, whereas areas closer to GB tend to get the bigger snow squall dumps. 

I will be heading up regardless, would be nice to do some riding.