Polaris 340 for kids?

TheOtherDoonut

Mikuni oil pump.  The issue might have been the plastic drive gears, which have to be replaced periodically per Doo's recommendations.  Same as the 503 and several other engines.  377s are generally regarded as bulletproof. 

On 10/17/2017 at 7:42 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Well it did require a top end, likely due to the oil injector failing intermittently.  But it was well worth it.

oil pump.jpeg

Edited by Puzzleboy

• 3 years later...
On 10/15/2017 at 10:22 PM, TheOtherDoonut said:

That's just some random pic I found on Google... I didn't even notice. Anyway after your recommendation on them I drove out to Walkerton and picked this one up. trailing arm looks good on this guy. Suspension pretty saggy tho...she's going to need new springs and shocks but overall in really good shape for it's age I think. The guy told me you can't get tracks for the Indy lites anymore, some weird pitch no one is producing...not sure if that's true but this one supposed the ok for parts availability.

IMG-20171015-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20171015-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20171015-WA0014.jpg

Are you interested in selling this sled now? 

2 hours ago, Braden said:

Are you interested in selling this sled now? 

Sorry to inform you, Braden, but, unless I am mistaken, the OP has been deceased for a few years now. 

20 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I believe that was Doonut that died, I think "TheOtherDoonut" is still around (I hope I am correct).....maybe just not on the forums all that much......

I think your correct on the Doonut! I think his name was Glen and had a son Denver. If I'm not mistaken.

6 hours ago, smokin george said:

I think your correct on the Doonut! I think his name was Glen and had a son Denver. If I'm not mistaken.

Nah, Glen went/goes by Diesel93 (???) and I see him posting on the Snowcrest Riders Facebook page, so it is not him.....and last I recall his son Denver was in BC living his dreams of riding the powder in the winter and flying helicopter in the off season, but that was a few years ago!

I think Doonut (that died) name was Sean, he had a daughter if I am not mistaken (that was also on the old FS forum), owned a mechanic's shop & had a really, really nice speed boat!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Nah, Glen went/goes by Diesel93 (???) and I see him posting on the Snowcrest Riders Facebook page, so it is not him.....and last I recall his son Denver was in BC living his dreams of riding the powder in the winter and flying helicopter in the off season, but that was a few years ago!

I think Doonut (that died) name was Sean, he had a daughter if I am not mistaken (that was also on the old FS forum), owned a mechanic's shop & had a really, really nice speed boat!

Oops! Shit I thought I had it right. You are correct. Memory isn't what it used to be. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Stoney said:

Correct

21 hours ago, Stoney said:

I believe that was Doonut that died, I think "TheOtherDoonut" is still around (I hope I am correct).....maybe just not on the forums all that much......

Thinking about it further, Stoney, I think you are right? I know he was friends with Yukon, Nutter, Red, and I believe Deisel, (and a few others) so I'm sure one of those guys could clear this up 100%. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 1/4/2021 at 7:52 PM, Stoney said:

Yep, Doonut (Sean) passed away in 2012. His daughter was Sarah.

Denver is still in BC and he owns a helicopter company now. Still riding sleds too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Yep, Doonut (Sean) passed away in 2012. His daughter was Sarah.

Denver is still in BC and he owns a helicopter company now. Still riding sleds too.

Great for him!! .....who would have thought some crazy sledder from Gravenhurst would own his own helicopter biz!