***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

5 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

This new (un-named) Honey Rub that we are working on it going to be insane......

I mentioned it to Nicole and she is looking forward to it too. As you know, Honey Q is one of our favorite sauces.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 2/22/2021 at 8:44 AM, racerdave said:

for those that have branded blankets for their smokers, any reason a welding blanket can't be used?

I've thought about getting one but never got around to it. We did have a discussion here a while back and a welding blanket was the popular choice as apposed to a custom fit unit.

• Like 1

12 pounder from the new butcher shop I’ve been buying from. It was trimmed down pretty lean which was nice but that’s $100 slab right there.

032D2A65-217A-4635-8915-05F95393EE9F.thumb.jpeg.75d5880ca53a1586a658b5f200a4ab6e.jpeg

• Like 2

Everything was coming along good then I looked at the smoker and the driveway was filled with smoke.

Anyone had there wrap paper catch fire?  :pc:

• Confused 1

Got home from work yesterday and the wife had a couple pork tenderloins with asparagus and taters on the smoker / grill.

First fire  up for 2021 and the pork was GREAT!    Been awhile since I got that "campfire flavor".   Reminds me, got to order some more UTZ.  :barbeque:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARTIE KATZ said:

ordered the sample pack of large rubs to try along with the sauces.  fsce10 discount expired:thumbdown:

That cheap bastard. I just reset it to be good through 2022 :lol:

Pretty sure it was me that originally set it up to expire at the end of 2020 anyway. Mike can let me know if he wants me to cut you guys off  :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here smoke when it is about 55°F out?  Thinking about firing up my new GMG and doing some wings on it today.

I've smoked at much colder tamps than that. You'll be fine :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here smoke when it is about 55°F out?  Thinking about firing up my new GMG and doing some wings on it today.

I've smoked in freezing temps.  Just gotta be a lot more vigilant on heat control.  FEED IT!  It's kind of a forced smoke operation so, it going to "cook" the meat faster.  Still good....just not "smoked for 12 hours" good.  :bc:

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

as low as -10 winter smoking isn't for the weak of heart:bbq:

5 minutes ago, racerdave said:

Does flat or point apply to all briskets, or only corned beef?

All brisket :thumbsup:

Most that smoke prefer to do the whole brisket

Edited by ckf

• Advertising Member
On 3/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, ARTIE KATZ said:

Got home from work yesterday and the wife had a couple pork tenderloins with asparagus and taters on the smoker / grill.

First fire  up for 2021 and the pork was GREAT!    Been awhile since I got that "campfire flavor".   Reminds me, got to order some more UTZ.  :barbeque:

I got you .....LOL

• Advertising Member
On 3/10/2021 at 5:03 PM, ckf said:

That cheap bastard. I just reset it to be good through 2022 :lol:

Pretty sure it was me that originally set it up to expire at the end of 2020 anyway. Mike can let me know if he wants me to cut you guys off  :lol:

LOL we can extend the fuckers.....you got it or want me to do it??  Sorry been busy AF here lately!!

• Advertising Member
On 3/13/2021 at 1:09 PM, racinfarmer said:

Dude I cater in the snow......we've seriously cooked down into the teens for customers.....tough sledding.

9 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

LOL we can extend the fuckers.....you got it or want me to do it??  Sorry been busy AF here lately!!

Already done. Can't remember the code though, lol. FSCE10 ???

Just now, Seatofmypants said:

Yup!!  Sorry man....been negotiating with our spice company all week.....this part of owning a business is a pain....

Can't wait for the new honey rub. :bc:

• Advertising Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

Can't wait for the new honey rub. :bc:

There's a 50/50 shot that it may not come to market....at least not with the spice company I am bottling with currently.  I have about a month and a half to get everything worked out.