***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Seatofmtpants said:

We are bringing 3 different versions to stores here locally.  When you got your jar, we only had the 181, but I have all my runs going back to 2012 and there were some real keepers in there.  I just need the fucking label guys to get the hell done, we have our FDA clearances all done (scheduled process).  I hope it sells, we will have 750 gallons to unload!  We are going to have a honey flavor, the 181, and an Old Bay flavored one (more regional here down my the Chesapeake).

why don't ya send me one of each. Enclose invoice or pm me total with mailing addy.

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
43 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

why don't ya send me one of each. Enclose invoice or pm me total with mailing addy.

I can do that.  We are out of the old bay for now (like 2 more weeks until the labels and co-packer gets cranking) but I have the other two that are going into stores (made in a commercial kitchen).  I have 2 future flavors that we are going to roll out if this whole bbq dream gets off the ground.  I can send you those also if you want.  One is a mustard based sauce and the other is a Memphis style that is more vinegar based with a little back end heat. So you just let me know which of the 4 (that I have on hand) you would like.

Edited by Seatofmtpants

On 5/6/2019 at 8:37 PM, Zambroski said:

Yeah, it’s more of a “smoke infusion”.  I run 325-350 for about an hour then ramp up to.close to 500 for 20-30 mins then dip the wings in sauce (or re-season) then back on and cool it down.

I mean....fucking amazing and no fucking oil frying.

12B51D94-3B5D-414A-84C5-3F001C49D394.jpeg

I am going to try your wing method Zam

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Hey @ckf. It’s been a while since I’ve done ribs the snake method. How long of a cook time and when do you wrap?  

If I'm going to wrap I usually do that around the 3 hour mark.

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

3 on smoke,wrap over direct heat,then finish in the oven at 300?

The last hour is back in the smoker un- wrapped , or you could finish in the oven.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

3-2-1 is the most common method I have seen out there.  12 hours even for a heavy set of loinbacks would get pretty jerky I would think...

Neal

It all depends on your cooker. I've never heard of anyone going longer than 6 hours and you really need to have your temps down in the 215-225 range to drag it out that long.

Just now, f7ben said:

It all depends on your cooker. I've never heard of anyone going longer than 6 hours and you really need to have your temps down in the 215-225 range to drag it out that long.

It would depend on the rack for sure.  There are also some water boat cooking techniques that could make a long cook.

Neal