***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not sure I could even get to smoking temperature today, -7F right now.

I’m running my Bradley inside my enclosed trailer. Set for 250, it’s holding at around 210.

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

I did a packered Brisket last night. 18.5 pounded from costco. They are selling US prime brisket for 2.75 per pound. 

27DAAC33-987C-43A7-85E3-AE59AB1B7C26.jpeg

Nice.

Ive never seen cuts like that at a Canadian Costco. I have to go to a small butcher shop and they are usually around 4 lbs.

Flame away fuck faces......  So I did a bunch of emergency work at my brothers house in the last year. No A/C at 85 deg out twice. Fucking mice both times. Water leak and his main wouldn't shut off was the other one. He is that brother I won't take a cent from! So we go over there to night so my daughter can sell them a few boxes of Girl Scout cookies. She sells those suckers 4 boxes of cookies. He bought me a slick ass little smoker and put it in the back of my Jeep while I was inside. We hugged it out and now it is outside in break in mode smoking like a bitch.  Anyone on here have one? It looks like the crockpot of smokers? I'm a simple 22" kettle type of feller?

IMG_3725.JPG

IMG_3726.JPG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Newer ones might be better. Had the older style one. Used it a few times and sold it. Never could get much smoke out of it.

It's outside my garage puffing like a stoner. I thought I could run it in my garage because it was electric? Damn thing kicks smoke out of that top vent?

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

It's outside my garage puffing like a stoner. I thought I could run it in my garage because it was electric? Damn thing kicks smoke out of that top vent?

Most guys run an auxillary pellet tray with the electric/propane smokers.  Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0718VWN3N/ref=pd_aw_lpo_86_tr_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X450YBS8CVX8DD3Y5X6S

Also you will want a wireless thermometer if your box doesn't have one built in. I have one of these and really like it, works well with the iPad:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D3FD2W6/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1515318558&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=webber+igrill2&dpPl=1&dpID=317yqJht5bL&ref=plSrch

I would also recommend a pair of cheap silicone gloves:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NCS6NEQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1515318775&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=silicone+bbq+cooking+gloves

And a mat, I have one of these and like it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ZMJX7A/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1515319036&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=rec+tec+grill+mat&dpPl=1&dpID=51uH1LeYsSL&ref=plSrch

:bc:

Neal

• Like 1

I'm really pleased with this electric smoker because I like to cook out side year round. My brother got himself the same smoker he bought me. He text me this morning stating his has been holding 250 all morning at 7deg out. I think the whole box being insulated is the Key.:bc:

• Like 3

On 1/14/2018 at 12:58 PM, Woodtick said:

I'm really pleased with this electric smoker because I like to cook out side year round. My brother got himself the same smoker he bought me. He text me this morning stating his has been holding 250 all morning at 7deg out. I think the whole box being insulated is the Key.:bc:

I've been using my Bradley smoker through some really cold days. With the biscuit feeder being on the outside and feeding through a hole, if the wind picks up it robs the heat. Keep it out of the wind and it holds temp no problem.

But, with the really cold temps it won't start. I have to bring it indoors and warm it up first then move it back out. I've been running inside my enclosed trailer next to my shop so far.

• Thanks 1