***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's cool for short distances, but can't reach as far as the P4 or Mavic because it only uses wifi. It also doesn't shoot 4K. I'm waiting to see what DJI does with the next version of the Phantom or Mavic :bc:

I think I would get a P4 before a Mavic.  Maybe for Christmas!

Neal

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Man, sounds like there's enough time there somewhere :lol:

There's a tray above the element for chips. There's also a trap door in the side to add more without opening the door. 

I was a fan of the AMNPS but they take so much air to make them move it was hard to keep going sufficiently in grills and smokers.

Neal

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I think I would get a P4 before a Mavic.  Maybe for Christmas!

Neal

I like the Phantoms better, too. The one advantage the Mavic has is that it has a better connection and can fly futher and lower without loosing the connection. I'm hoping the next Phantom can do the same or better than the Mavic.

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Lol, gotta love that guy! :lol:

:smoke:

I asked him to bring some of the special Maple Syrup that another buddy makes. I haven't tried it ye,t but I hear it's good.

Just now, motonoggin said:

One was like 30 degrees low and the another was like 80 degrees high. Garbage! 

I'm asking for an igrill or thermatemp for my birthday.

Both are good options. :bc:

Presently Weber fucked up the iGrill app bad.  Can't rotate to landscape, can't have multiple probes in graph mode, and a couple other things.  The users went nuts.  I emailed tech support for the app and the are well aware of the issues and are working on them.  If they can correct those two main issues it will be back to the gold standard for smart temp probes, IMO.

Neal

2 minutes ago, ARTIE KATZ said:

What kind of wood you using?  Do you keep smoking it the whole time or just several hours in the beginning?  One last question, can I come over for dinner!

Hickory and I added smoke for about 6-7 hours last night and one more handful of chips this morning. 

• Like 1