***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Gold Member
45 minutes ago, Doos said:

This is a BBQ thread. Stainless looks nice though.

Well the gmg is sitting back in the back in the pic.... should fire it up sometime to see if it still works.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Well the gmg is sitting back in the back in the pic.... should fire it up sometime to see if it still works.

How can you cook on propane after owning a real grill? I just can't do it anymore, gave my Weber to a neighbor.

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, Doos said:

How can you cook on propane after owning a real grill? I just can't do it anymore, gave my Weber to a neighbor.

Certain things need to be cooked on pellet/smoked and certain things on gas.  Hell there is certain things that need to be done on charcoal.  I refuse to ruin a steak or burgers by cooking them on a pellet.

17 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Certain things need to be cooked on pellet/smoked and certain things on gas.  Hell there is certain things that need to be done on charcoal.  I refuse to ruin a steak or burgers by cooking them on a pellet.

Was hoping we could fire up a BBQ debate but nobody was biting haha.

• Platinum Contributing Member

St. Louis style for me too,.smoker is getting happy and then these bad boys are going on..

@ckf, so nice being able to post pics!!:bc:

DSC_0833.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doos said:

Was hoping we could fire up a BBQ debate but nobody was biting haha.

No...I'm with you.  I'll never go back.  It's chunk coal and real wood for me....or Kingsford coal in a pinch.  

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

St. Louis style for me too,.smoker is getting happy and then these bad boys are going on..

@ckf, so nice being able to post pics!!:bc:

DSC_0833.JPG

Damn!  NICE!

Fucking raining here!

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No...I'm with you.  I'll never go back.  It's chunk coal and real wood for me....or Kingsford coal in a pinch.  

Damn!  NICE!

Fucking raining here!

Raining here too, but I have a awning to smoke under,..little close to the house, but it's smelling good up in here!! :bc:

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Raining here too, but I have a awning to smoke under,..little close to the house, but it's smelling good up in here!! :bc:

I gotta get a new smoke box...mine is toast.  Not sure if I'm gonna buy a little one and retrofit or re-rig mine (again).  I don't know how may hundreds of pound I've put through my smoker over the last 5-6 years....but it's paid it's way and been a good soldier.  I just don't want to put it down yet and have to learn another one's little intricacies.  I've got mine down to a science.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I use Royal Oak Lump when I can, but the Kingsford works better for the snake method for the longer cooks.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I use Royal Oak Lump when I can, but the Kingsford works better for the snake method for the longer cooks.

I try to keep a good supply of both.  I like the true coal....but it takes a bit of work to get and keep it gong properly.  Sometimes I'm not gonna fight it and just go with good ol' dependable Kingsford.  I usually put both in little paper lunch sacks and wrap them up.  Then I toss one in every so often with my wood of choice to keep temps where they need to be.  Works great.  

:bc: