***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here try charcoal pellets in their smoker?

Run'um straight or blend them?

I have some JD oak barrel coal pellets, I blended them, I was worried it would be too much coal flavor 

36 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Picked up some ribs, but can't find charcoal pellets anywhere other then online.  

Found them more of a gimmick. Didn't notice anymore smoke flavor then the lumberjack pellets I normally use.

First time smoking a picnic shoulder.

EF9F1615-9A1D-40DA-ACDC-FF2A4DEB8429.thumb.jpeg.f999ba822c0fa69438846dd93d349e27.jpeg

Gees, it was frozen, put it in the fridge Friday afternoon, took it out last night around 7pm and put it in the sink. Interior temp still around 40.  
2C67EFC1-65FA-4DC4-9B23-239697E54987.thumb.png.9c7551f037540823010eff5ca72b5614.png

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to the butcher shop today. Finally see baby backs which I haven't seen all fall. The girl at cash register says "You should buy the fresh not the frozen. They are probably the same price." She walks over to the fresh section and says "Nope, they are cheaper."

Damn, so I bought fresh ones and cooked them up tonight for dinner.

3-2-1

Came out great.

I have a pork loin roast for tomorrow if I can get to it. Supposed to get 2-3 inches of snow tonight. Might have to plow again.

Edited by Blackstar

• 2 weeks later...

I have ribs going on today.

Question: I've been watching triple D a bit the last week. A couple of bbq joints they went to said they don't remove the silver skin off the back of the ribs. I always understood that this was a must do. Anyone that can comment either way? sometimes its a bitch to get off and if it makes no difference then why do it?

Edited by Blackstar