***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member

I went to the grocery store tonight thinking I get some ribs to throw on the smoker tomorrow. No baby backs to be found but they had a few side ribs on sale for $2.99/lbs so I bought a couple.

Any tips on cooking? Can you do the 3-2-1 method or a modified version?

Im going to Google too but any advise is appreciated.  :thumbsup:

E96A315A-D4BA-450A-9716-1CA8FEFA1E45.thumb.jpeg.6f7e5eee7251a5bc68f79de33fbe248b.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I went to the grocery store tonight thinking I get some ribs to throw on the smoker tomorrow. No baby backs to be found but they had a few side ribs on sale for $2.99/lbs so I bought a couple.

Any tips on cooking? Can you do the 3-2-1 method or a modified version?

Im going to Google too but any advise is appreciated.  :thumbsup:

E96A315A-D4BA-450A-9716-1CA8FEFA1E45.thumb.jpeg.6f7e5eee7251a5bc68f79de33fbe248b.jpeg

I would think the 3-2-1 method would work. It would at least get you close. I'm doing a rack of ribs tomorrow :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I got a couple pot roasts going on the smoker later  today

IMG_20220805_175241591.jpg

I've done a few and they came out great! We almost picked one up on Friday, but decided to do some ribs instead.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

I would think the 3-2-1 method would work. It would at least get you close. I'm doing a rack of ribs tomorrow :thumbsup:

I've done a few and they came out great! We almost picked one up on Friday, but decided to do some ribs instead.

I've never smoked one before, looking forward to giving it a try, should have plenty of leftovers for some tacos later in the week 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I've never smoked one before, looking forward to giving it a try, should have plenty of leftovers for some tacos later in the week 

The wife makes a wicked good pot roast in the crock pot. She does season the meat well and seared in a cast iron skillet before it goes in though.  It’s a cold and rainy meal in the Midwest.  Gets the house smelling real good.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

The wife makes a wicked good pot roast in the crock pot. She does season the meat well and seared in a cast iron skillet before it goes in though.  It’s a cold and rainy meal in the Midwest.  Gets the house smelling real good.

Love pot roast in the Crock-Pot, get home from work and walking into that smell after a cold day.. not much better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2022 at 5:38 PM, Blackstar said:

B604F63A-FC3E-45BA-B87C-C02DA2366418.jpeg

They look good Tim! I haven't done side ribs in awhile! I used to slow boil them to render some of the fat then put them in a roasting pan with Hickory Smoke bbq sauce and bake around 300 for a couple hours. Then I'd put them on the grill to add some char to the bbq sauce. The meat falls off the bone and a good way to cook cheaper ribs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Picked this up last night.  Got it assembled today and doing the burn in now.  

image.thumb.png.a455a6925aacf88d841671698ac1e43d.png

So whatcha gonna smoke for the first try?

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Might try some chicken tomorrow night after work and then some spare ribs this weekend.

Excellent choices!! Enjoy and post pics!:ylsuper:

On 8/24/2022 at 10:22 PM, teamgreen02 said:

Might try some chicken tomorrow night after work and then some spare ribs this weekend.

Hey Team, how do you like that new weber?