***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, f7ben said:

There are certain two camps on time and temps for Brisket ....my best results ever resulted from a 20 hour cook and temps in the 210-215 range. That was a whole packer though so slightly different. 

Came out decent, kids and GF thought it was amazing, just another hour and it would have been better, but was running out of time .

IMG_20220704_210902612.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Came out decent, kids and GF thought it was amazing, just another hour and it would have been better, but was running out of time .

:bc:

Resting is important too. I like to get mine done early and rest it in a cooler for an hour or two before slicing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Little chewy but with good beef flavor I’m guessing lol

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
13 hours ago, f7ben said:

There are certain two camps on time and temps for Brisket ....my best results ever resulted from a 20 hour cook and temps in the 210-215 range. That was a whole packer though so slightly different. 

I'm more of a hot and fast dude (but I cater with packers).  2.5 hours with high heat high air (290ish top of my cooker) and then I pan and foil (fuck paper).  About 4 more hours at 250ish and cook to an IT of 204-206.  Rest for an Hr.  I trim most of the fat out between the point and flat, but leave them connected (comp style).  :bc: 

\

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

I'm more of a hot and fast dude (but I cater with packers).  2.5 hours with high heat high air (290ish top of my cooker) and then I pan and foil (fuck paper).  About 4 more hours at 250ish and cook to an IT of 204-206.  Rest for an Hr.  I trim most of the fat out between the point and flat, but leave them connected (comp style).  :bc: 

\

How's it going Mike? Busy summer/fall lined up?

• Advertising Member
Just now, ckf said:

How's it going Mike? Busy summer/fall lined up?

Good buddy!  Pacing for 25-30k more bottles, website is clicking away, and I'm catering every weekend since May 21 and will continue that until Mid/Late Nov (0 available weekends).  Insane really. :bc: 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Good buddy!  Pacing for 25-30k more bottles, website is clicking away, and I'm catering every weekend since May 21 and will continue that until Mid/Late Nov (0 available weekends).  Insane really. :bc: 

That's great!

Memphis sauce was a hit on the pulled pork on Sunday :bc:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't happy with the Master Built I got begining of July, so I returned it, was looking at a pit boss at Lowes for $600, but wasn't keen of the price,..Low and behold I get an alert from BJ's, pit boss on clearance, $250 off, $250 out the door..Score!!

IMG_20220716_172026401.jpg

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Wasn't happy with the Master Built I got begining of July, so I returned it, was looking at a pit boss at Lowes for $600, but wasn't keen of the price,..Low and behold I get an alert from BJ's, pit boss on clearance, $250 off, $250 out the door..Score!!

IMG_20220716_172026401.jpg

That's a $899 unit here if you can find one.

Smokin' deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Not really smoking, but we are doing a ham dinner in the pellet grill so we don't have to run the oven in the house.

It's been hot here all week too, I been cooking outside the last 10 days,  just some eggs this morning heated the kitchen right up

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It's been hot here all week too, I been cooking outside the last 10 days,  just some eggs this morning heated the kitchen right up

We bake in ours too. Blueberry muffins on a warm summer morning on the pellet grill :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ckf said:

We bake in ours too. Blueberry muffins on a warm summer morning on the pellet grill :thumbsup:

You should try muffins in the crockpot!!! Delicious!!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

He stops by once in a while and then he is gone just as quick.

Well I don’t see anyone else around here coming up with quality material like “crockpotfuckstick” :lol: 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well I don’t see anyone else around here coming up with quality material like “crockpotfuckstick” :lol: 

Agreed :lol:

Did something happen that I missed that caused him to walk away? Vince has been MIA as well.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed :lol:

Did something happen that I missed that caused him to walk away? Vince has been MIA as well.

No idea on momo or vinnie. Exchanged a few texts with Huzy yesterday. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Memories :lol:

He posts some of the dumbest word salad I’ve ever read on Facebook and his group of followers and friends eat it up. I don’t think a single one of them has an Iq over 80. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He posts some of the dumbest word salad I’ve ever read on Facebook and his group of followers and friends eat it up. I don’t think a single one of them has an Iq over 80. 

Don might have won that time if it wasn't for FS V 1.0 :lol: