***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I haven’t smoked anything in about a year now.  I may look at getting an electric smoker to get my “fix”……just to piss Ben off.  :lmao:

your mere presance is enough to piss of talibhen:news:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

I also made a pork butt and some baby backs for my annual fireworks extravaganza!!!  Lazy mans pork butt.  I put it on at 200 degrees when I go to bed the night before.  Literally do nothing to it.  15-16 hours later and happiness is served!

IMG_20210703_113825719_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210703_154120367.jpg

IMG_20210703_154624645.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Picked up some beef ribs this morning, so need to fire up the pellet smoker and have at'er.

Need to find some decent season for this tomorrow morning.

Is there a weber grill dealer nearby? weber steak and chop seasoning is damn good

This afternoon. 3#'s wings  and bacon wrapped seasoned cream cheese stuffed pepper popper's on the Weber Kettle using the Vortex. Full blast, 1 hour. A few leftovers. First time using the Vortex.  Damn good!

May be an image of food

• Like 6

3 hours ago, racerdave said:

This afternoon. 3#'s wings  and bacon wrapped seasoned cream cheese stuffed pepper popper's on the Weber Kettle using the Vortex. Full blast, 1 hour. A few leftovers. First time using the Vortex.  Damn good!

May be an image of food

I just checked out that Vortex deal....pretty damn cool.👊🏻

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

Thinking about picking this up today, got her down to $250, it's clean inside and out, used about a dozen times..

Anyone have any input on if this is a good smoker??

Screenshot_20210725-093918.png

41 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Thinking about picking this up today, got her down to $250, it's clean inside and out, used about a dozen times..

Seems like a good deal if it works like it is supposed to.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Looks to be the same as mine. 3 years now . Only problems were no fault of the unit. You have to keep the firebox clean and you can’t leave it out in the weather for long periods of time or the feeder will potentially plug up. I try to start it every couple weeks if I haven’t been using it.

it’s looking ugly because the wife tried using when I wasn’t home. She moved it, knocked the heater plate off it’s mounts and started it. Fucker went to 900 degrees and burnt all the paint off the bottom side.

No regrets in the purchase. Next one I will go bigger and more features though.

5AC8C1D8-6AE3-4193-9924-248A5923E8D9.thumb.jpeg.89c8fcc8449f6243666cdac8a49d5b8d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Looks to be the same as mine. 3 years now . Only problems were no fault of the unit. You have to keep the firebox clean and you can’t leave it out in the weather for long periods of time or the feeder will potentially plug up. I try to start it every couple weeks if I haven’t been using it.

it’s looking ugly because the wife tried using when I wasn’t home. She moved it, knocked the heater plate off it’s mounts and started it. Fucker went to 900 degrees and burnt all the paint off the bottom side.

No regrets in the purchase. Next one I will go bigger and more features though.

5AC8C1D8-6AE3-4193-9924-248A5923E8D9.thumb.jpeg.89c8fcc8449f6243666cdac8a49d5b8d.jpeg

So that's the 700sq inch one?? I'm concerned it's to small. Can you put 2 full racks of ribs on it??

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

So that's the 700sq inch one?? I'm concerned it's to small. Can you put 2 full racks of ribs on it??

Doesn't it have an upper rack too?

Brisket is coming along....

PXL_20210725_161450779-01.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Yes, the 700. It will fit 2 full racks of ribs.

50 minutes ago, ckf said:

Doesn't it have an upper rack too?

Brisket is coming along....

PXL_20210725_161450779-01.jpeg

yes, it has an upper rack but I usually keep it out as you can’t fit bigger cuts like a pork shoulder or brisket with it in. I’ll do sausages along with 2 racks of ribs and use the upper rack for the sausage. 

9 hours at 225. Time today stick in a probe and start pushing it along. Mom’s coming for dinner.

247BEECC-8F5C-4EDC-93EA-7DF5A2160C8E.thumb.jpeg.93a2cdc4f0bca6bd1e82b48862760017.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

mine has worked flawlessly since new

• Like 2