***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

I toured the Memphis production plant. A lot of the parts are made and assembled in Minneapolis and I knew an engineer that worked there. Talk about high end grills. The showroom was full of models from 3-5k

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I toured the Memphis production plant. A lot of the parts are made and assembled in Minneapolis and I knew an engineer that worked there. Talk about high end grills. The showroom was full of models from 3-5k

I'm sure that they are nice,  but to pricey for me.  I'd stick with the Kettle before spending that much on a grill.

• Like 2

Just now, ckf said:

I'm sure that they are nice,  but to pricey for me.  I'd stick with the Kettle before spending that much on a grill.

For sure 

My BBQ trays arrived today.  It was always a pain to bring whatever I was using back to the kitchen for washing before putting the cooked food back on it. 

20200509_112746-01.jpeg 

• Like 1

Does anyone have any suggestions for online meat? With the meat shortages certain products may not be available locally.  One way or another I'm going to try my hand at smoked brisket this summer. 

5 minutes ago, s pump said:

Had some chicken on the grill with the UTZ rub, pretty damn good.

I haven't gotten the rub yet,  but the sauces are fantastic!  The hard part is choosing which one to use. If you grill any seafood you should try Shore Thing.  

Just now, ckf said:

I haven't gotten the rub yet,  but the sauces are fantastic!  The hard part is choosing which one to use. If you grill any seafood you should try Shore Thing.  

I do flounder or black sea bass on the boat all the time. I'll stock up on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, s pump said:

I do flounder or black sea bass on the boat all the time. I'll stock up on it.

I’m not sure about using it on fish. Bacon wrapped scallops or shrimp for sure

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ckf said:

My BBQ trays arrived today.  It was always a pain to bring whatever I was using back to the kitchen for washing before putting the cooked food back on it. 

20200509_112746-01.jpeg 

Now that is a good idea.   :thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Now that is a good idea.   :thumbsup:

There are tons of great gadgets out there for BBQ.  I found the trays on Wayfair.  They were $37 last week when I ordered them. $43 today.  Like everything else, they are made in.....

https://www.wayfair.com/kitchen-tabletop/pdp/ebern-designs-nergis-2-piece-prep-and-serve-bbq-melamine-tray-set-w002578780.html

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

There are tons of great gadgets out there for BBQ.  I found the trays on Wayfair.  They were $37 last week when I ordered them. $43 today.  Like everything else, they are made in.....

https://www.wayfair.com/kitchen-tabletop/pdp/ebern-designs-nergis-2-piece-prep-and-serve-bbq-melamine-tray-set-w002578780.html

Ahhhhh...don’t say it!!!! :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhhhh...don’t say it!!!! :lol:

:lol:

Like I said yesterday, it would be awfully hard to boycott......   We did it to ourselves by buying all of their crap top begin with.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:00 PM, ckf said:

The pellet grill did a good job grilling the steak. It will flare up if the steak is directly over the firepot.

20200507_173233-01.jpeg

Flare up is good,as long as you can control it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ckf said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for online meat? With the meat shortages certain products may not be available locally.  One way or another I'm going to try my hand at smoked brisket this summer. 

My butcher had everything but ribs yesterday. He said their isn’t a shortage from his suppliers,but people are definitely hoarding. Once those people get their freezers full,it will be fine again he said. Look up small family owned butchers in your area and just place a order with them. He said he sold more ribs last week,than he sells in a month. He said their is nothing he can’t get. Put a big cooler in the back of the car and take a nice drive. I’m lucky that my butcher is around the corner.

Edited by Woodtick
  • Like 1

Bought a few fresh chickens from the butcher,only $3 a pound. This electric smoker is awesome in the cold and rain. I wanted to do the snake on the weber,but it’s raining pretty hard and 45deg. 

76061010-A5B4-4F7F-BA36-D829FC7F7E61.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 10:35 AM, ckf said:

20200509_112746-01.jpeg 

I use these. They can take some abuse and don’t flex or bend when fully loaded. The lip around the edge keeps the wife from yelling at me  from dripping and spilling.

A28DF074-6B78-4912-8EAB-7E58B2728E5B.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ckf said:

We used to go to Templeton farm when we had the place in east Calais. I'd take a nice afternoon and drive down there before ordering from someplace online.

Looks like they're set up for selling from the front porch for now.

http://www.templetonfarm.com/php/farmstore.php

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Bought a few fresh chickens from the butcher,only $3 a pound. This electric smoker is awesome in the cold and rain. I wanted to do the snake on the weber,but it’s raining pretty hard and 45deg. 

76061010-A5B4-4F7F-BA36-D829FC7F7E61.jpeg

Electric smoker smfh....might as well throw them in the crock pot

• Haha 1