Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

No, I was fishing, and I knew EXACTLY which little Perch would bite.... lol.  The one who claims Cat speedos are gospel.  :)

In the early 70's, they were kinda considered the luxury, high tech brand.  Doo had the numbers, but rested on their laurels for years because of it.  Anyway, a quality parent like Textron is hopefully a good thing. 

Yah right...   that's why you went through the trouble of taking your phone out of your pocket and taking a pic of your speedo. Lol

12 hours ago, Poncho said:

Speaking of 850’s. We saw a few on the trails.  Talked to a guy who bought a new 850 MXZ X Rene he said he also bought a new 800 Assault too....must be nice to have that kind of coin.

Only takes 2 small payments a month, for 84 months to get those sleds out the door, and on to the trail. LOL 

• Like 1

In all honesty, I probably saw more Doos.  Lots of Perry the Platypus 850s also.   Gravenhurst and Parry Sound area. 

I would say there were plenty of the other 3 also. 

8 hours ago, Pete Z said:

This is true. Seemed like at least 60% of the sleds on the trail this weekend were Cats. Odd considering that the dealer network isn't really the greatest for coverage.  There isn't a single Cat dealer in Muskoka. Must be that the Cat faithful actually get out and ride. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

If they're newer sleds, that will be tight in a 17' trailer.  I would think you'd have to stagger and pack them pretty tight. 

48 minutes ago, Taillight said:

7x22 foot trailer or 17'+5'V. has anyone loaded 4 regular sleds in one. how is it done... enter from the front and all sleds pointed rearwards staggered?

12 hours ago, Pete Z said:

This is true. Seemed like at least 60% of the sleds on the trail this weekend were Cats. Odd considering that the dealer network isn't really the greatest for coverage.  There isn't a single Cat dealer in Muskoka. Must be that the Cat faithful actually get out and ride. 

Thanks to Yamaha! :bc:

On 13/02/2018 at 6:44 PM, irv said:

Thanks to Yamaha! :bc:

You aren't entirely wrong there Irv. I would say that Cat's fit and finish has benefited from the Yamaha relationship and Yamaha power in some of their sleds certainly can't hurt their sales.  Add in the fact that they currently are building some of the best looking sleds with the most reliable two-stroke motors on the market and you are bound to see plenty of them out there.

3 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Anyway, back on topic to the (non)Winter of 2018 - nice freaking 14 day forecast. If it pans out like they are saying it will, we are all but done in Muskoka for this season. 

But the asshats in Toronto will be happy.

• Haha 1

On 2018-02-13 at 3:05 PM, Taillight said:

7x22 foot trailer or 17'+5'V. has anyone loaded 4 regular sleds in one. how is it done... enter from the front and all sleds pointed rearwards staggered?

I had a  7 wide by 18' with 5 'V and was told 3 max will fit.

I never tried. 

On 2018-02-13 at 2:05 PM, Taillight said:

I heard of someone doing it before but they were all 121's and the skis had to come off two of them.

Let us know if it worked.

11 hours ago, Pete Z said:

Anyway, back on topic to the (non)Winter of 2018 - nice freaking 14 day forecast. If it pans out like they are saying it will, we are all but done in Muskoka for this season. 

Ouch sad but true,woke up this morning been above freezing most of the night snow has settled and its rain on and off the trails have very little base to take a meltdown and with the traffic expected for the family day weekend they will be hurting,no real snow in the forecast for days on end grooming will become non existent this week coming,but the one small light at the end of the tunnel the weather forecasters are about as good at predicting the weather as Iam at black jack March can hold some surprises but I would check them tires lube those bearing,s the far north is not done with winter yet good riding will likely be north of Sud and the Bay i will not go down this early.Travelling Joe 

15 hours ago, Pete Z said:

Well at least someone will be.

After yesterday's ride the asshats don't know what they're missing. Mind you a lot of them have never been north of Steeles Ave'. (That's Injun Country) Barrie is northern Ontario to some of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Zooman said:

How’s the rail trial looking up your way George?  Sopposed to be leaving from my place in Cameron to head to Pettawa on sat. 

I think we will trailer to Hally and leave from there 

Matt 

It looked okay last night on the way home. I think the groomer was out as well. I'll look at it on the way home today and let you know

Mother nature's a whore...we are leaving at 5am for Mount Laurier. We moved our booking from this weekend to March on Monday then the friggen forecast changed...30 mm of rain over 2 days. This could be IT for anywhere even reasonably close. What a shit show trying to get any availability for Saturday night...got lucky and snagged a cancel at Mekoo's.