Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Got out for a decent ride yesterday.  Surprised by the number of older sleds.  Trails were busy and very good.

Probably the oldest sled we saw was some guy ditchbanging on a late 90s ZR.

3 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

How you like the 900?

:thumbsup:

My only experience that I'd had w/ 4 strokes was a short ride between Burketon & the PP clubhouse on a co-workers RX1 ton (1st year). I hated the severe 'engine braking' when you let off the gas. Next ride was on a demo GT 1200 @ Horseshoe Valley. I wasn't really impressed w/ the 'couch', but liked how when you let off the gas, the sled would coast slightly. I wasn't interested in a new sled as I had just got the REV, nor a motor that big. I had seen my friend's '08 Apex & it didn't really seem like a great 'trail' sled.

Then a couple that my parents rode w/, bought 600ACE MXZs, they figured that I should be all over that sled. When I asked them the horsepower, they said 60. I told them I didn't think that would cut it for riding (@ speed) in northern Ontario. They mostly just rode around the area & don't venture too far from Eels Lake.

Riding position is nice that you can move around so your legs are stuck in 1 spot (compared to the REV). Nice w/ my longer legs. The 1 negative we noticed after years of running the flat bars, the XS bar feels narrow. Has anyone seen or heard of the bars being swapped on the XS chassis?

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

My only experience that I'd had w/ 4 strokes was a short ride between Burketon & the PP clubhouse on a co-workers RX1 ton (1st year). I hated the severe 'engine braking' when you let off the gas. 

That's being a nice way to put it...... A great No coast chassis/engine setup.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

My only experience that I'd had w/ 4 strokes was a short ride between Burketon & the PP clubhouse on a co-workers RX1 ton (1st year). I hated the severe 'engine braking' when you let off the gas. Next ride was on a demo GT 1200 @ Horseshoe Valley. I wasn't really impressed w/ the 'couch', but liked how when you let off the gas, the sled would coast slightly. I wasn't interested in a new sled as I had just got the REV, nor a motor that big. I had seen my friend's '08 Apex & it didn't really seem like a great 'trail' sled.

Then a couple that my parents rode w/, bought 600ACE MXZs, they figured that I should be all over that sled. When I asked them the horsepower, they said 60. I told them I didn't think that would cut it for riding (@ speed) in northern Ontario. They mostly just rode around the area & don't venture too far from Eels Lake.

Riding position is nice that you can move around so your legs are stuck in 1 spot (compared to the REV). Nice w/ my longer legs. The 1 negative we noticed after years of running the flat bars, the XS bar feels narrow. Has anyone seen or heard of the bars being swapped on the XS chassis?

Quite a few late 90's early 2000.  Very busy.

No pics, sorry Puzzled, but a few of us rode the Orillia & SC trails today, I think I ended up with 180ish miles, might be more, not too sure, but I rode from the furthest point....the best running today bar none was the lakes and the roads, trails were not friendly at all today....both clubs could use a little trail grooming, and traffic was actually not bad.

The freezing rain sucked real bad....

Started with 007Rob, 04nightfire & Reevester....meet Pete Z for the first time at his lovely warn up shack, who was kind enough to share a few drinks with us :bc: and ran into Tommy on the way home....P.S. don't buy that demo that he rides, trust me....:lol:

Edited by Stoney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

No pics, sorry Puzzled, but a few of us rode the Orillia & SC trails today, I think I ended up with 180ish miles, might be more, not too sure, but I rode from the furthest point....the best running today bar none was the lakes and the roads, trails were not friendly at all today....both clubs could use a little trail grooming, and traffic was actually not bad.

The freezing rain sucked real bad....

Started with 007Rob, 04nightfire & Reevester....meet Pete Z for the first time at his lovely warn up shack, who was kind enough to share a few drinks with us :bc: and ran into Tommy on the way home....P.S. don't buy that demo that he rides, trust me....:lol:

That's the sled Tommy was supposed to let me try?  Hey at least they have demos.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's the sled Tommy was supposed to let me try?  Hey at least they have demos.

That is what demo's are for....nice to be able to take a spin on something you might buy.

My sled was actually a demo, price was right, so I bought it....plus it had like 200 miles on it....

Just now, Stoney said:

That is what demo's are for....nice to be able to take a spin on something you might buy.

My sled was actually a demo, price was right, so I bought it....plus it had like 200 miles on it....

Nice to try yes, I don't buy demos or used anymore.

I only know of one guy who gets major butthurt from FS posts.  Some people can dish it out, but they just can't take it.  lol

Nobody should take this place too seriously.  :)

On 2/9/2018 at 8:58 PM, Stoney said:

Stop posting pictures of your riding adventures, it is upsetting to some.....

I see that Doo is still hanging in there :lol:

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 2