Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I disagree.  Almaguin club is probably the worst in Ontario.  I'll give my trail money to the highland rovers next year 

Really doesnt matter where you buy your permit from any more. They only get a couple bucks from the sale anyways.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Really doesnt matter where you buy your permit from any more. They only get a couple bucks from the sale anyways.

For sure.  Maybe if they see a drop in people supporting the club it will trigger some internal change.  

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Use to be some of the best trails around.  Now they are the worst. If snow on roads is good sometimes we will take 518 to avoid our club.  Internal squabble has been an issue as well.  The two groomer operators we have were in Quebec sledding  instead of opening trails like everyone else near the start :lol: mark has tried to help but until the internal squabble and more reliable operators are found, it will remain.  Mark does a great job with highland rovers.  Talked to him outside the legion a few weeks ago and thanked him for the hard work :bc: 

Yeah he's a good dude for sure. I'm up family day weekend till the following Thursday if your around. 

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Yeah he's a good dude for sure. I'm up family day weekend till the following Thursday if your around. 

I'll likely be up Thurs prior to family day till Monday.  Old lady is staying home to go to her sisters.   :bc: pretty sure I still have your number :hay: 

Just now, Kev144 said:

I'll likely be up Thurs prior to family day till Monday.  Old lady is staying home to go to her sisters.   :bc: pretty sure I still have your number :hay: 

Yeah I'm up the Friday with the boy then mommas coming up that night after work. I'll Head that way Sunday probably. 

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Yeah I'm up the Friday with the boy then mommas coming up that night after work. I'll Head that way Sunday probably. 

Sounds good. Not sure what our plan is.  Shoot me a text and we will see what's up.  

10 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

I don't get up that way much but I dont know if its possible to worse then Hali.

they could be equally bad.  As reeves said it's basically always a mine field until you go the 15 miles or so to the next club which is almost always table top.

Edited by Kev144

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

beauty, wave if you see the assault

Probably ride from utterson back to orillia sunday aft

Nice. I'm going to run up simcoe, cooch, sparrow or kashe and then meet friends in Gravenhurst and ride around a bit maybe head north to bracebidge. 

Edited by Reevester

Finally got out for a decent ride this past weekend.  Headed up to Sudbury and it was definitely worth it.  For the most part trails were great, not much traffic either.  A few smaller rocks showing here and there, was a little rough near lively.  But overall pretty damn good.

Screenshot-2018-2-6 OFSC - Public App.png

dtrail.jpg

dtrail2.jpg

d3.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 007Rob said:

Finally got out for a decent ride this past weekend.  Headed up to Sudbury and it was definitely worth it.  For the most part trails were great, not much traffic either.  A few smaller rocks showing here and there, was a little rough near lively.  But overall pretty damn good.

Screenshot-2018-2-6 OFSC - Public App.png

dtrail.jpg

dtrail2.jpg

d3.jpg

Going out from home Sunday if your not up at rents tag along. 

18 hours ago, Reevester said:

Nice. I'm going to run up simcoe, cooch, sparrow or kashe and then meet friends in Gravenhurst and ride around a bit maybe head north to bracebidge. 

2 massive pressure cracks on cooch. 8-12 feet tall. watch out for them. Already had a buddy yard sale it in a snow storm the other day. You cant see them at all.

16 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Landed in my place. 6 - 7 inches of snow since last weekend.    Everything RED please stay home, nothing to be seen here.

5BFD0380-AC6B-42A4-87CA-BF805F654873.jpeg

Thanks for the update.  I think I'll stay home from the cottage for a few more weeks :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, Huroneastmike said:

Little bit more open at the bottom of d9

Some of D5 will be opening tomorrow as well. More snow coming for Friday,