Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

7 minutes ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

4 years on my new spring order XRS. Number one reason to buy new and spring check! When 4 years is up I'll get a new one assuming the OFSC isn't defunct.

How do you like the Renny XRS 850?  I think that is what I would want.

Where you located?:lol:

No, I was talking performance.  You said Vettes were average performance-wise.  And I said, how many cars on the road can take an on ramp at over 1.0g?  Or hit 300k?

Let's be honest now. :)  Anyway, I like the term.....

Nice car though.  I literally saw it hit a bump in the road, and drop a pound of salty slush.  :(

59 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Looks nice!

I'm sure you are loving the new ride!

You are confused, that is not an average car....but if I recall, you were comparing an average Vette to these....:fluffy:

Exactly what I felt when I first looked at Doo years ago.

Machine turned me completely off them and there was no effort to try and sell the sled, it was as if they were doing me a favour to sell me one, so unfortunately I took Doo off my list....

Edited by Puzzleboy

Bieber is Chinese?

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Guys that are that rich dont care about the road conditions.   My buddy owns a Porsche dealership and he says the majority of 911 owners drive them year round.  There is a chinese kid in Stratford that has snow tires on his Lambo.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

No, I was talking performance.  You said Vettes were average performance-wise.  And I said, how many cars on the road can take an on ramp at over 1.0g? 

Let's be honest now. :)  Anyway, I like the term.....

Nice car though.  I literally saw it hit a bump in the road, and drop a pound of salty slush.  :(

No, performance had nothing to do with it actually....it was the prestige of the car that was in question. A person driving a lambo down the street will not get the same attention as a Vette, because the Vette would be considered average compared to the Lambo, you posting the picture proves that point, but than again you did just post a couple of Vette pic's too!

On the performance side of things, the Vette is likely the best bang for the buck, no doubt.....:bc:

The money, or perhaps the amount of debt, that you see as look around this general area, is insane.....from cars to homes to designer apparel, it is nuts! 

Lol, I never claimed Vettes were prestigious..... they're fuckin' Chevys!  But they move and handle pretty well for an American car.  And I also stated, I'm actually a Mopar guy.  :) Not one for prestige...... If I bought a Gallardo or something, it would be for my enjoyment; not my neighbours. 

I like the SLs like Poncho's also.  Great GT car, and I like the engineering in a retractable hardtop- very slick. 

I posted the pic because it was winter, and I liked the car, and was surprised to see it in winter.  And I can't imagine any of these cars being good winter vehicles.  Lol

And if you don't post a pic, it didn't happen.  :)

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

No, performance had nothing to do with it actually....it was the prestige of the car that was in question. A person driving a lambo down the street will not get the same attention as a Vette, because the Vette would be considered average compared to the Lambo, you posting the picture proves that point, but than again you did just post a couple of Vette pic's too!

On the performance side of things, the Vette is likely the best bang for the buck, no doubt.....:bc:

The money, or perhaps the amount of debt, that you see as look around this general area, is insane.....from cars to homes to designer apparel, it is nuts! 

Edited by Puzzleboy

It is amazing what a set of good winter's will do for ya.....plus, let's be honest, South of 7 is typically just an extension of Fall throughout the winter months vs. an actual winter most years, so why short change yourself and get the most of your sports car....

Quite tropical down here.  Couldn't see if he had winters or not.... lol.  Doubtful.  Probably, was just a relatively dry day, so he donned his Canada Goose and braved the elements. 

He did go north on the 400 though..... between that, the car, and the decal, I'm guessing he's AC's neighbour.  :)

Just now, Stoney said:

It is amazing what a set of good winter's will do for ya.....plus, let's be honest, South of 7 is typically just an extension of Fall throughout the winter months vs. an actual winter most years, so why short change yourself and get the most of your sports car....

54 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How do you like the Renny XRS 850?  I think that is what I would want.

Where you located?:lol:

Love it so far, only one ride though. It's the best out of the box sled I have had yet. Fits me perfect(I'm 6'1). I usually found myself changing my past ski-doo's to fit whether it be higher boss seat or risers or both. The 850 engine is amazing, can't believe how hard it pulls yet so smooth. You really notice it has more low end torque and linear power delivery. Not peaky like the outgoing 800. Need more ride time but so far the only thing I need to address is the ski lift, I will be pulling the limiter strap in one which i'm certain will keep it more planted when powering out of corners. The new chassis really responds well when you shift your weight around.

I'm in Muskoka, rode the sequin over the xmas break, nothing else open near my cottage. Ask me again in a few weeks and I'll let you know more.

IMG-20171229-WA0002.jpg

Edited by TheOtherDoonut
added a pic for posterity!
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Bieber is Chinese?

HAHA.   I am not sure what JB is driving right now?  

We have a University of Waterloo campus in town now and the Lambo with snows is sitting out front fairly regularly.  

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I want the extra warranty so I have decided it's better to wait.

Edge performance may have a couple snowcheck switchbacks left.

4 years warranty and some nice colours. Cheaper and better that the Doo 850 IMO.

850 is a smoother and marginally quicker motor though, nice unit if it holds together.

58 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Edge performance may have a couple snowcheck switchbacks left.

4 years warranty and some nice colours. Cheaper and better that the Doo 850 IMO.

850 is a smoother and marginally quicker motor though, nice unit if it holds together.

Thanks Johnny.

I currently have three sleds and was gonna trade one in but my son convinced me to keep it, I agreed.  Looking at our needs one will likely sit unused so there isn't really any great urgency and I'm still not convinced what I want, but it can hold til next year.  Will go to the Snow Peak in Barrie this year and have a look see.

How did the Jetski season do for you?

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Thanks Johnny.

I currently have three sleds and was gonna trade one in but my son convinced me to keep it, I agreed.  Looking at our needs one will likely sit unused so there isn't really any great urgency and I'm still not convinced what I want, but it can hold til next year.  Will go to the Snow Peak in Barrie this year and have a look see.

How did the Jetski season do for you?

Jet ski season started great, 600 miles down in Tennessee. Then our summer was crap, not to many hours there.

Then part three, Sept, Oct. Was fantastic. Trips to Tobermory, Killarney, Manitoulin, POB, hit the Georgian Bay big three, Beckwith, Christian, giants tomb. Never seen water so flat on G. Bay

Not me but a buddy in pics.

20170914_122157.jpg

20170914_122939.jpg

20170914_112538.jpg

• Like 1