Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

1 hour ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

Some crazy cold in Muskoka right now but wasn't keeping the boys from trying their sled. Fun times for sure!

IMG_20171228_143633.jpg

I am sure they had a blast and a smile from ear to ear :bc:

And how did dad like his new sled!

13 hours ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

Some crazy cold in Muskoka right now but wasn't keeping the boys from trying their sled. Fun times for sure!

IMG_20171228_143633.jpg

Great pic! :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

IMG_20171228_143633.jpg

Something tells me there were some huge smiles under those helmets.

2 hours ago, brucebob said:

Is the bottom picture Bobs Back Yard?

Think that's Pete's property, that's the shack they redid a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken.

Been a few years since I've ridden that way.... But conditions are the reason....

6 hours ago, brucebob said:

Is the bottom picture Bobs Back Yard?

Locally it's known as Stevenson's Shelter named after the man that built it, but yes the previous owner to us name is Bob and he had a Bob's Backyard sign up for a number of years.  Both pictures are of the same spot. You can see the Shelter picnic table to the left in the picture looking down B trail. 

Edited by Pete Z

1 hour ago, Pete Z said:

Locally it's known as Stevenson's Shelter named after the man that built it, but yes the previous owner to us name is Bob and he had a Bob's Backyard sign up for a number of years.  Both pictures are of the same spot. You can see the Shelter picnic table to the left in the picture looking down B trail. 

Well, I guess I was wrong.....

Is there not also a trail and shelter on your property?

1 hour ago, Pete Z said:

I remember this from about 10-15 years ago. I have pictures of the sleds parked beside it. On the way to gravenhurst from there was a road trail we called the whoopty doo trail. Just like a roller coaster, air was easy to catch.

22 hours ago, Stoney said:

I am sure they had a blast and a smile from ear to ear :bc:

And how did dad like his new sled!

The 850 is impressive, amazing right out of the box. I liked my 15 800 XRS alot but this new 850 is better in everyway. Low end torque amazing, it really rips, smooth and linear power. Seating position is perfect, really like the adjustable bars. So far not one bad thing I can say about it.

20 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Admit it , it’s fun to ride that . 

Yes for sure, no suspension..power slide corners like the old days. It's a hoot. Faster than I thought.

9 hours ago, 02sled said:

Something tells me there were some huge smiles under those helmets.

You bet, they loved it. Scored big Dad points this year!

35 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Well, I guess I was wrong.....

Is there not also a trail and shelter on your property?

No - you are right.  Stevenson's Shelter is on my property. It was getting pretty run down when we bought the place, but we've been fixing it up over the past few years. 

8 minutes ago, brucebob said:

I remember this from about 10-15 years ago. I have pictures of the sleds parked beside it. On the way to gravenhurst from there was a road trail we called the whoopty doo trail. Just like a roller coaster, air was easy to catch.

That's B trail between Hwy.118 and Uffington Road.  It's still a hoot to ride. Best trail that Snowcrest has.

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

We just got home from a week away and another foot of snow in the driveway. Now is not a time for the auger belt to take a dump. 

Fixed the snowblower and finished the driveway. There's 7 or 8 of us heading out in the morning for a ride. Yeehaw bring on the fun