Dog needs toe amputated

Had xray done today.  It showed the toe has a tumor.  It's eating away at the bone, which is why the toenail is pointing upwards ,it's not connected to anything.  The bone stops at the knuckle.  Fuckin gross. Woman is worried dog may not survive the surgery due to her age ...11 years old. If we don't, the tumor will kill her eventually, she also has liver failure which she's on meds for. I say we do it,gonna cost 1000.00 ,but she's our baby.  I hate this shit 

20170923_211507.jpg

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Had xray done today.  It showed the toe has a tumor.  It's eating away at the bone, which is why the toenail is pointing upwards ,it's not connected to anything.  The bone stops at the knuckle.  Fuckin gross. Woman is worried dog may not survive the surgery due to her age ...11 years old. If we don't, the tumor will kill her eventually, she also has liver failure which she's on meds for. I say we do it,gonna cost 1000.00 ,but she's our baby.  I hate this shit 

20170923_211507.jpg

Would have to be a hell of a fast flowing toe tumour to kill an 11 year old dog, I would get a second opinion :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Trail cat said:

Do what you got to do for your dog.  I just had to put mine down.  16 yrs old and couldn't even stand up any longer.  It was by far the worst thing I ever did. It was time, but it still is absolutely horrible.

That would be our worst nightmare . That's a decision I don't think I could make 

7 minutes ago, Trail cat said:

Do what you got to do for your dog.  I just had to put mine down.  16 yrs old and couldn't even stand up any longer.  It was by far the worst thing I ever did. It was time, but it still is absolutely horrible.

I waited too long to make the decision on my first dog too.  It's something so selfish and gross that I can never forgive myself for...ever.  My others got the treatment they so much deserved....and each decision was hard as fuck to make and even harder to follow through with...but, it was the right thing to do...and always will be.

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

That would be our worst nightmare . That's a decision I don't think I could make 

It's tough...but you'll know when.  You'll see it. Your mind will lie to you, don't listen.  Like I posted above, I'll never forgive my own selfishness and weak denial.  Just ain't worth it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I waited too long to make the decision on my first dog too.  It's something so selfish and gross that I can never forgive myself for...ever.  My others got the treatment they so much deserved....and each decision was hard as fuck to make and even harder to follow through with...but, it was the right thing to do...and always will be.

It's tough...but you'll know when.  You'll see it. Your mind will lie to you, don't listen.  Like I posted above, I'll never forgive my own selfishness and weak denial.  Just ain't worth it.

I agree...but it's still gonna suck shit 

7 hours ago, xcr700 said:

20170923_211507.jpg

Feel for you. It's a tough decision.

Lily was born with a crooked front leg that we only knew about later. Guaranteed. Breeder said bring her back, we'll give you another. After 18 months? No!

$4000 later she's doing great. We don't have kids. She's our baby.

In reality $1000 is nothing.

Good luck with your decision.

Daddies little arse hole! 

20170716_154828.jpg

56 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Feel for you. It's a tough decision.

Lily was born with a crooked front leg that we only knew about later. Guaranteed. Breeder said bring her back, we'll give you another. After 18 months? No!

$4000 later she's doing great. We don't have kids. She's our baby.

In reality $1000 is nothing.

Good luck with your decision.

Daddies little arse hole! 

20170716_154828.jpg

Lol. Dog is pretty cute:bc:. We have no kids either,so the dog gets whatever she wants. We spent probably close to 3k just on vet bills for the pancreatitis alone. That's what eventually destroyed the liver. 

Nevermind the fact that we sent the dog to a holistic healer for a leg injury.  She had acupuncture, massage therapy, and that ultrasound dealy that breaks up scar tissue.  That was another 2k:lol:

21 hours ago, xcr700 said:

20170923_211507.jpg

We did a couple of operations on our late golden to remove a tumor in his arm that started when he was 11.  Its about quality of life and boy was he still full of it.  We did it and it came back and we did it again when he got a blood clot we knew it was time.  Have no regrets and would not hesitate to do the same again and again.