***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Just now, smokin george said:

Nice car but runs like crap. The carb is leaking gas and they're leaving it to get carb rebuilt and I hope the shop owner knows what he's getting into. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't have much nostalgia for those old British cars, but they're sure nice to look at.  :lol:  :bc:   Isn't much of the frame made of wood or something?

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't have much nostalgia for those old British cars, but they're sure nice to look at.  :lol:  :bc:   Isn't much of the frame made of wood or something?

I'm not sure if this one has the wooden frame or not. It has a Ford motor and a bunch of Ford components on it and might've been built for the North American market. The owner is British and I guess he needed a toy from there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Good morning. Another hot and humid day is on tap.

Morning! Looks like it'll be like this for a few more days. We have a portable ac unit in the bdrm and it's 67 deg in there. The basement is really cool at 64 deg and the main floor is at 73 and sofar bearable. We have a stamped concrete floor in the main area which helps keep the temps down.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

welcome releif

This is a looking stretch of heat for New England. We usually see a cold front come through and provide at least a day of relief after 2-3 days of warmth.

• Like 1

cool air came in Sunday afternoon and since then it's been kind of gloomy on the coast.  2 miles more inland and it's beautiful.  I leave home and it's grey and misty and get to my office and it's 77 and sunny.  Same when left the office and went home last night.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

cool air came in Sunday afternoon and since then it's been kind of gloomy on the coast.  2 miles more inland and it's beautiful.  I leave home and it's grey and misty and get to my office and it's 77 and sunny.  Same when left the office and went home last night.  

Just like your attitude here vs tbp before you left!!

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Don't ya just love the sea breeze?

Morning. Currently 69f with rain as the front moves through. Pork butt is going on the smoker soon.  I'm looking forward to the drier air on the back side of the cold front this afternoon.

12 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! The weather sure has changed with all the rain and cooler temps. A few areas got hit with tornadoes and quite a bit of damage. 

That sucks. There were some reports of power outages in Vermont early this AM from the storms, but nothing serious being reported.  It probably helped us that they came through overnight/early morning before the sun stirred things up.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Overcast  . 75 with a breeze.  Nicest day in a week 

Same here except for our temp is 71°.   I didn't get any pics but we had a beautiful sunrise this morning. The sky was very pink around quarter till five.

Here's a pic from this morning from a guy that lives about 2 miles from me.

105491260_10223394105463130_4102283526287905577_o.jpg

• Like 4

Good afternoon gents. A beautiful summer day here in northern Vermont, 74° with low humidity.

Wally World has a deal on  cast iron pans. I was hoping that they would have a dutch oven, but no such luck. . https://slickdeals.net/f/14152745-lodge-cast-iron-black-10-5-griddle-14-90-12-skillet-19-90-more-free-store-pickup?src=frontpage

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

SCORE!!!

totally forgot I had this out in the barn. 

Anyone know where I can get one of those fake heads they use to display wings and hats?

20200626_170347.jpg

Hit up a snowmobile or motorcycle dealer for a older helmet display head. We used to have a couple of HJC helmet heads at the old shop in NH. They were made from foam. If you have a piece of old dock styrofoam you could probably carve a head fairly easy. :dunno: