***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The worst, family get together that I couldn’t get out of. Going to just spend the weekend there,then head to Windrock in Tn.

Driving your Jeep down or renting something in TN?  I love the mountains of East TN & western NC.

had to do a bit of maint on the daughters car this morning,  it was fucking hot..  she tells me the horns not working so I pop it onto the ramps after checking the fuse and theres no fender liner in half the drivers side wheel well which is apparently what let the crap get to the horn.  Replaced the horn so it can pass inspection tomorrow and ordered new fender liner.  car sits low so she's bounced the bumper a few times off curbs in lots,  doesn't look bad when on the ground but all scraped up under.  

Dealing with the shit that goes wrong with 5 cars sucks balls,  trying to dump the jeep and found another area of the frame needing repair so i either have it welded up, hope someone misses it or let people know and take a grand off.  the kia needs to go in for a recall and my explorer needs a driveshaft seal

Edited by Angry ginger

• Platinum Contributing Member

Currently 28C here, humidex of 38. It hit 30/40 in the afternoon.

Shoveling gravel, pouring concrete, building a retaining. Holy shit I'm beat.

My face is so sore from wiping off the sweat.

Get up tomorrow, do it again. Getting too old.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ckf said:

Driving your Jeep down or renting something in TN?  I love the mountains of East TN & western NC.

When I was a kid I had to drive a dumptruck from the space coast in FLA to western NC. RFealy liked western NC, well except the whole dry county part.

• Like 1

Morning-

70 / 63 and partly cloudy.  Another spectacular day weather wise yesterday.  And a copy / paste for today.  82 and sunny.   Lake was very busy yesterday and will be again today.  Pulling mine out around 10 then wash and into storage.  Flotilla at 3.  Might go fishing in a bit.   Might not. 

• Like 1

Its friggin sticky out there and finally getting a bit of a breeze. We only have a portable ac unit and that's been going full tilt in the bdrm. The wife wants a heat pump/ac unit installed but that's not happening lol. I'm going to pick up our boat from the detailing shop,stop at a buddies place for a swim and a few beers

• Like 3

its so frickin' hot and sticky here I may actual go in my own pool. Been in 3 customers pool so far this week to fix leaks, been in my own once so far....lol

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, ckf said:

Thunderstorm with downpours moving through :(

Here too but enough time in between for a booze cruise with friends!  :bc:

Morning-

62 / 47  Bit nippy this morning.  Lake has a cool looking fog cover with the water being 78 degrees.  Place is cleaned up like a crime scene and we roll around 7 so we can be ahead of the traffic.  Ohio neighbors left at 1AM.   Hell of a run the last 10 days.  1/2 day of light rain is all we saw otherwise its been perfect.  :bc:

• Like 2