***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Why . THe rain aint gonna wash the sale off the underneath.

Driving it in the rain will. They also use a lot of sand up there, more than salt. Come spring , I put a oscillating sprinkler under it for a hour or so. You wouldn’t believe the crap that comes out. Been using Fluid Film the last few years as well.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Woodtick said:

Driving it in the rain will. They also use a lot of sand up there, more than salt. Come spring , I put a oscillating sprinkler under it for a hour or so. You wouldn’t believe the crap that comes out. Been using Fluid Film the last few years as well.

I still like to wash em real good when coming back south.Round here most dump straight salt. Cept for central VT. They use a real dark sand. Atracts the sun

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I still like to wash em real good when coming back south.Round here most dump straight salt. Cept for central VT. They use a real dark sand. Atracts the sun

I just got back Wed night.  It will be washed up good tomorrow. You need to try the sprinkler trick, it’s nuts what drops down.  My other Jeep has a unlimited car wash plan. It sometimes gets washed 3 times a week.  I like to keep them clean and try to keep them for ten years or more. I fucking hate rust. It was the main reason I sold my H3. Once the bottom of the doors start getting the itch, I start looking for a replacement.  I drive the 08 up north in the winter for this reason.

44 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I just got back Wed night.  It will be washed up good tomorrow. You need to try the sprinkler trick, it’s nuts what drops down.  My other Jeep has a unlimited car wash plan. It sometimes gets washed 3 times a week.  I like to keep them clean and try to keep them for ten years or more. I fucking hate rust. It was the main reason I sold my H3. Once the bottom of the doors start getting the itch, I start looking for a replacement.  I drive the 08 up north in the winter for this reason.

The last 2 vehicles I sold were running great, But fucking rusting right apart. Pissed me off. My 2 wheel drive trucks don't get driven in the winter ( they are employee trucks) except for once a week on dry sunny days. The 4 wheelers I will wash once a week and the 06 f-350 still has cancer.

1 minute ago, jammin said:

Morning-

40 / 24.  What a mixed bag of weather in WI.  Rain south, sleet in central and snowing like a sob north.  6 or 8 or 12 or 16" possible.  Ohhhhhh, and 40-50 mph winds just rolled in.  

jpeg.jpg

Eesshhh...that is headed across the pond anytime now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Getting another foot!

Suck it!!

:thumbsup:

:bigfinger:      

Sleet already mixing in with snow here. Honestly we don't really need anymore snow right now. It's already hard enough to see wen trying to get out of some driveways.

5 minutes ago, jammin said:

It's dropping a shit ton of snow Jimmy.  STOCK UP NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111  lol

They pulled the plows off the roads and are telling people to be prepared to be with out power for days in the western part of the UP. Reports of cars and trucks stuck in the middle of roads everywhere.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They pulled the plows off the roads and are telling people to be prepared to be with out power for days in the western part of the UP. Reports of cars and trucks stuck in the middle of roads everywhere.

Damn...my daughter was home from from NMU for the weekend and we made her go back yesterday afternoon...glad we did.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

This is a Midwest discussion. Go next store with that East Coast jibber. 

Never been there, but I do miss some of those guys. Besides that it's my fucking thread. STFU before I have you deported.

• Haha 3