***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

7 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Cool and a few flurries tonight. Next week is going to be mild, one day over 50f. Late in the week is suppose to be dry which will be good for pulling my oldies out of storage and bringing them home.

.5a19f38d28032_April13th.thumb.jpg.3aadd9a76dc3ad41254d30d8925336b6.jpg

That old Merc is cool.  What year and model is that.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Cool sled.  The XC 700 is a cool sled too.  Those sleds were pretty fast.  Big Block twins.  That is about a 1998 I would guess.  

Yes a '98. Fun machine but probably won't ride the Poo this winter. I hope to get a few miles on the old Merc though.

Just now, ckf said:

Do you still race vintage iron, Tom?

I do.  I may only make 2 weekends this year with the travels we have planned already.  I will race in the Pro Open and +45 class with the motoski.  I have a nice little 340 exciter that I will race in the 0-400 class. 

All my stuff is loaded and ready to race.  It may be March before I'm back home for a race though.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I do.  I may only make 2 weekends this year with the travels we have planned already.  I will race in the Pro Open and +45 class with the motoski.  I have a nice little 340 exciter that I will race in the 0-400 class. 

All my stuff is loaded and ready to race.  It may be March before I'm back home for a race though.    

What is on the travel agenda for this winter. Somewhere warm I  presume?

Just now, ckf said:

What is on the travel agenda for this winter. Somewhere warm I  presume?

We are headed from Effingham Illinois to Phoenix immediately after Christmas, like Dec 28th, haha.  Then spend Jan, Feb and March in the southwest bouncing around watching racing and having fun.  We have a very full agenda starting with the AMA SX opener and it will end up with the Indy 500 in May.  A few concerts thrown in for good measure.  We have tickets for 3 Doors Down in Denver in January and the Foo Fighters in Austin in April.  We will bounce back to AK a few times here and there to check on things and maybe work a little.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

We are headed from Effingham Illinois to Phoenix immediately after Christmas, like Dec 28th, haha.  Then spend Jan, Feb and March in the southwest bouncing around watching racing and having fun.  We have a very full agenda starting with the AMA SX opener and it will end up with the Indy 500 in May.  A few concerts thrown in for good measure.  We have tickets for 3 Doors Down in Denver in January and the Foo Fighters in Austin in April.  We will bounce back to AK a few times here and there to check on things and maybe work a little.  

Sounds like you are doing retirement right :bc:

16 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

'75 440M/X

Thats pretty cool, including that 98 XC, those things ripped.  I'm hoping to put some miles on my 2000 SXr 700 this winter, after all the work I did to it, I better get my moneys worth. :bc: 

10 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Don't care,signed up for a all day Jeep event For Sunday. They have to start over up there. Just a few inches of hard crust left.

Congratulations to you and Buss on being grandpas.  Kind of a weird deal, my wife and i have 4 daughters between us, all in their 20s, but no babies yet.  My second wife however (work with me here :lol:  ) has a son, who I hadn't seen in almost 8 years.  He was a mommas boy growing up, but he sure grew up.  Got married, joined the army and is now a sargeant, and has a son now.  He even looks a little like a young Buss.  They came by the house to visit last night.  Not sure if that makes me a step grand pa or what. :lol:  :bc: 23843160_10215085485680540_4937142121714053939_n.thumb.jpg.27c060c24190ef4d179d6aae815aeb44.jpg23843330_10215085486280555_2021772378034400183_n.thumb.jpg.e69ac3819e5d5cd5c2c8adde6a961374.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1