***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Screenshot_20230129_084819_Weather Network.jpg

It looks like we get a bit of the cold air next Friday and Saturday with a low around -25⁰f and a high of -5⁰f in the forecast ahead of a moderating trend.

• Like 1

Well another day indoors. Right now it's -11*f but feels like -35*F with the wind,down to -22*F tonight with windchill warnings down to -49*F for tonight. Luckily it's going to break on Saturday and we'll be above freezing next week so I can get sledding again.

• Like 1

we are supposed to hit the hill again saturday. -25f is the lowest i have seen. not my favorite to ride in but i'll do it. then back to warm. can't catch a break, although we did kill it on the hill yesterday so i can't bitch too much

• Like 1

Still mild here with a current temperature of 26⁰f. The cold front moves through tonight with temps droping fast. Tomorrow is going to be chilly with temps below zero all day. The forecast is calling for -25⁰F here Saturday morning. I wouldn't be surprised to see -30⁰F to -35⁰F as the NWS is usually a little optimistic with our temps. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Down to -12⁰F now. it will be interesting to see tomorrow mornings low.

Yes our cold air mass should be gone east by tomorrow heading your way. It'll be a pleasant relief I have to say.

Already down to -20⁰f and the sun hasn't even gone down yet. I got a message from my neighbor a bit ago. They tried to ride today. He said that the trails were great, but it was to cold. They ended up getting 40 miles in.

8 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

mtw.jpg

It's all over the news this morning. The images looked chilly, lol.

The winds lightened up a bit overnight, but not enough for temps to drop in the valleys. Currently -26⁰F.

27 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

-13 here this morning. 

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

X2

Isn't that about as cold as you guys get? In Ossipee negative low 20's was about as cold as it ever got.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

TF cold to ride.  -50 chill factor?  I'm good.  Even got down below -10 here in CT plus a chill factor, so yeah I'm good.  :lol: 

My buds have been in Millinocket since Thursday not exactly the temps I’d wanna ride in 😂

It was -16 here when I got up was forecast to be -20 for a low overnight. It’s only got that cold maybe once or twice before that I remember anyways.