***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

12 hours ago, smokin george said:

We didn't get the brunt of Fiona where we are in Nova Scotia. We secured everything on our lot and stayed at our rental the past couple nights. We stopped at our lot today and basically a few little twigs and leaves so we're staying in the motorhome and run the Onan as needed. The area has no power so might as well be comfy.

One of my old high school classmates had his quonset hut blow to bits at his place up in PEI.  Hellava storm.

• Sad 1

The moving truck showed up this morning with our furniture etc etc. The wife is directing traffic with that goes into the basement,that is in the living room, that goes upstairs and so on. We marked all the boxes and it sure makes it easy for them lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

Considering the inch of snow on the deck, dock and driveway I’m glad I put the Boston whaler away yesterday………

Wasnt it just a few days ago that you  temps way above normal? 

Cloudy and rainy here today with temps in the 50s.

13 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

Considering the inch of snow on the deck, dock and driveway I’m glad I put the Boston whaler away yesterday………

If I weren't at home still recovering from fucking Covid, I'd be on Lake of the Woods walleye fishing right now.  Buddies caught over 100 eyes today alone and it was only a half day as they drove up leaving this am.  Ugh.  Couple nice ones as well.

12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

If I weren't at home still recovering from fucking Covid, I'd be on Lake of the Woods walleye fishing right now.  Buddies caught over 100 eyes today alone and it was only a half day as they drove up leaving this am.  Ugh.  Couple nice ones as well.

Haven’t been there in years, have CA trip planned next summer though..

• Gold Member

Did some lazy man’s leaf blowing this weekend. Ran the tractor in circles around the house each pass around blowing the leaves closer to the woods 😂. It came out pretty good. I’ll do a more thorough job with the actual blower when they all fall down.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

October 23rd and we have thunderstorms rolling through.

Got to central Sconnie about 10pm last night - WOW was it a light show here.  One hit so close the little woman nearly jumped out of bed from a deep sleep!  

17 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Did some lazy man’s leaf blowing this weekend. Ran the tractor in circles around the house each pass around blowing the leaves closer to the woods 😂. It came out pretty good. I’ll do a more thorough job with the actual blower when they all fall down.

got most of mine in a pile,  wife likest o leave it there for a bit for the kids she takes car of to play in so figured Satuday I'll take them all to the dumps compost pile.   this morning looked like i hadnt touched a thing apparently it was windy as well as rainy overnight.  

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

got most of mine in a pile,  wife likest o leave it there for a bit for the kids she takes car of to play in so figured Satuday I'll take them all to the dumps compost pile.   this morning looked like i hadnt touched a thing apparently it was windy as well as rainy overnight.  

Lol had a few more come down over night too. Thankfully I don’t have to bag them or bring ‘em to the dump I’d probably shot myself 😂 I just blow em in the woods.

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I don't worry about mine to much as we just have a weed lawn anyway. I still need to cop them up with the mower and I will be good.

I recently picked up an unlocked Pixel 7 pro from the Google store that came with a $200 store credit. The Pixel 6a is on sale for $299 so I used my credit and grabbed one for the $99 that it cost me. If Nicole doesn't want to upgrade her 4a I'll sell it on eBay.