***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

21 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Snow this morning, now it’s 40 and raining like hell with winds around 50 mph.

29⁰ and flurries here. We got skunked so far with nothing more than a heavy dusting of snow.

21 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Thanks for the Covid page

It's there for those that want it. 

Temp has been dropping since I got up at 4:30 with a temp of 26°F. It's currently 8°F with a NNW wind at 5-7mph. It's going to be another chilly evening.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Woke up this morning to -36 F 

That's a bit chilly, lol. The lowest that my weather station has recorded in what would be my 9th winter here in VT is -33⁰F.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's a bit chilly, lol. The lowest that my weather station has recorded in what would be my 9th winter here in VT is -33⁰F.

We trailered farther up north 6 years ago and it was -45 F. It was a chilly ride for 150 miles with nowhere to stop and warmup. Never again!

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We trailered farther up north 6 years ago and it was -45 F. It was a chilly ride for 150 miles with nowhere to stop and warmup. Never again!

I don't blame you, lol. The coldest temp that I ever rode was around-30⁰F in northern NH. We had to go because we were at camp and had to meet friends that had trailered up that morning and parked 30 miles to our south. We parked at an intersection that they were coming through and had a fire going for them to warm up. They were happy to see the fire, lol

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't blame you, lol. The coldest temp that I ever rode was around-30⁰F in northern NH. We had to go because we were at camp and had to meet friends that had trailered up that morning and parked 30 miles to our south. We parked at an intersection that they were coming through and had a fire going for them to warm up. They were happy to see the fire, lol

Our friends wife made roast beef sandwiches for everybody and we stopped trailside to eat them and they were froze solid lol. Somebody tried to get a fire going but had no luck and I carry little packs of fire starters and didn't volunteer them up lol. It was too cold to stand around and just wanted to get to the lodge. The next day it was just as cold and 3 went out for a ride and the rest of us stayed in the cabin. They came back and all 3 got frostbite

26 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Our friends wife made roast beef sandwiches for everybody and we stopped trailside to eat them and they were froze solid lol. Somebody tried to get a fire going but had no luck and I carry little packs of fire starters and didn't volunteer them up lol. It was too cold to stand around and just wanted to get to the lodge. The next day it was just as cold and 3 went out for a ride and the rest of us stayed in the cabin. They came back and all 3 got frostbite

We had brought wood from camp figuring that there would be a few in the group with froze face shields or just cold. We were right. 

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Back in 1992 a bunch of us yahoos rented a house on back lake in Pittsburg. The night we got there it was -20 and for the entire week it never got above zero. It was sunny…lol

It used to suck to get to camp in Stewartstown and have it -15⁰ -20⁰ inside on a Saturday night. The bedsprings finally warmed up by Monday morning, lol

1 hour ago, ckf said:

It used to suck to get to camp in Stewartstown and have it -15⁰ -20⁰ inside on a Saturday night. The bedsprings finally warmed up by Monday morning, lol

The first night we got there a sledder was killed on the lake in a head on out front of the camp. Kinda slowed everyone down for a few days. Back and Forth Lake claimed many lives.

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The first night we got there a sledder was killed on the lake in a head on out front of the camp. Kinda slowed everyone down for a few days. Back and Forth Lake claimed many lives.

Yes, there was a lot of accidents on Back Lake before they implemented the 35mph night time speed limit. There have been a few deaths since if I am not mistaken.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ckf said:

:gmfo:

Currently -29⁰F with a couple more hours before the sun comes up. Me thinks we are going to come close to the coldest temp that my weather station has recorded at -33⁰F.

I was wonder how bad it be up there. It was -12 here when I first got up. Coldest it’s been down here in a while.

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

I was wonder how bad it be up there. It was -12 here when I first got up. Coldest it’s been down here in a while.

We ended up going down to-31⁰F. I just read on Twitter that it got down to -36⁹ at the airport 2 miles down the road. I think they are a little lower in elevation than we are. I noticed it got chilly south of the notches too.  Friends in the Tamworth / Ossipee area were posting that it got down to the low -20s. The lowest my station ever recorded in Ossipee was -24⁰F.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

We ended up going down to-31⁰F. I just read on Twitter that it got down to -36⁹ at the airport 2 miles down the road. I think they are a little lower in elevation than we are. I noticed it got chilly south of the notches too.  Friends in the Tamworth / Ossipee area were posting that it got down to the low -20s. The lowest my station ever recorded in Ossipee was -24⁰F.

Damn -36 now that’s freakin cold. I don’t think we’ve ever got below -17/18 down here few years back. My buds are in eagle lake right now those poor bastards 😂.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

Morning! We've got -8 this morning which is a far cry from the bitter cold yesterday. For years the coldest weather we've had has always been the 3rd weekend in Feb.

Yes, February is typically our coldest month too.