***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, ckf said:

Bare ground after the past 2 warmups. Most of the bigger lakes are still open water, too :( We are supposed to get 4-8 tomorrow in to Sunday.

Man, no one back home has snow

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Bare ground after the past 2 warmups. Most of the bigger lakes are still open water, too :( We are supposed to get 4-8 tomorrow in to Sunday.

IMO the last solid good winter we had was winter of 16-17  then after that  its been mostly crap. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went out to breakfast with my wife, food shopping, picked up huge bags of ice melt and came home. Put away the groceries, threw some ice melt down. Pulled the tractor into the warm garage and traced a short in the yellow beacon light fixed the problem.  Did some snow removal around the house. Fixed the mailbox that wouldn’t shut due to the plow guys whipping it. Set up the new Roomba and let it run. Tested and Treated the spa. Had shepherds pie for dinner. Shower….looked over the bar selection, grabbed a fine cigar and here I sit enjoying it and typing.

Tomorrow I’m checking out the local ice and may get back to ice fishing if it doesn’t fucking snow.

Retirement sucks……NOT

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Couple drinks by the fire after some light tree work on one that came down last night. Why not. :bc:

20220102_164628.jpg

Still all white up here. We didn't loose much from the rain. Only about an inch of new snow today though :(   Currently 17° and dropping with snow showers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Did a little horse trading this morning.  Went with my friend to pick up his $100 91ish Exciter 570 for him helping me hang the new shop tele.

Where did you pick up the exciter? Only reason I ask is a local I know that jockeys sleds has a 91 for sale 

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Left the house at O dark thirty and spent most of the day in northern NH taking photos.

We got about six inches here. Its cold now at 15. Tomorrow freezing rain, sleet and bullshit…lol

Trails are still closed in Rangeley. 5 groomers just waiting.

0ADB5EA5-EC0F-4FA4-83E5-C3E20A5F57DF.jpeg

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

We got about six inches here. Its cold now at 15. Tomorrow freezing rain, sleet and bullshit…lol

Trails are still closed in Rangeley. 5 groomers just waiting.

0ADB5EA5-EC0F-4FA4-83E5-C3E20A5F57DF.jpeg

It was in the single digits most of the day. I think it did manage to get up to 12 or 13 by late afternoon.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, ckf said:

:gm1:  After some sleet and freezing rain yesterday we are entering the freezer today. Currently 10⁰ and falling today with highs projected to be below 0 tomorrow for a high.

Have you been on any of the Brighton trails yet ckf?  Heading up next week hopefully they get a little more by then. 

Edited by EvilBird

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Have you been on any of the Brighton trails yet ckf? 

Unfortunately my riding days are probably in my rearview window at this point. I had fun at the time doing everything from trail work, grooming, serving on my local clubs board for 10 years to riding all over ME, NH, VT and a few trips to Quebec. Between the disc in neck and one in my back it's best to relish the good times from the couch, lol.  :bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Unfortunately my riding days are probably in my rearview window at this point. I had fun at the time doing everything from trail work, grooming, serving on my local clubs board for 10 years to riding all over ME, NH, VT and a few trips to Quebec. Between the disc in neck and one in my back it's best to relish the good times from the couch, lol.  :bc:

Ah bummer ...I hear that though. I am only 36 and have a lot of back issues from a bad Motorcycle accident when I was a kid. 

Last year I rode really hard one weekend with some buddies and I was on the couch for a week after that.:S

Do you know if there is decent cover? I seen some pics in some areas didnt look too bad. I dont expect much just gonna putt around with the Wife next weekend. 

Edited by EvilBird

25 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Ah bummer ...I hear that though. I am only 36 and have a lot of back issues from a bad Motorcycle accident when I was a kid. 

Last year I rode really hard one weekend with some buddies and I was on the couch for a week after that.:S

Do you know if there is decent cover? I seen some pics in some areas didnt look too bad. I dont expect much just gonna putt around with the Wife next weekend. 

My neighbor said that the trails were better than he expected. Hopefully we get some squalls over the week that gives the groomers a little more to work with. The cold temps should freeze up any of the open water bars. I think an extra 3 or 4 inches would be a big help at this point.

That's what she said :quaqmire:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Just got back from running errands. We stopped by the inlaws at Newark Pond. Like usual they have twice the snow as we have in IP.  Looks like they got more snow than ice yesterday. I'm sure the higher trails outside of IP have pretty decent coverage.

For @steve from amherst too .

• Thanks 2