***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

On 10/16/2021 at 9:22 PM, Big Crappie said:

short clip from 18 minutes flying today. Colors here are at or just past peak. This is east of Crosslake, MN at our cabin.

I tried to watch it yesterday, but couldn't get it to load. Our servers don't compress it like YT does to make it easier to view.

It's getting to the end of this season with the pontoon out of the water,shrink wrapped and at a friends for storage. The wife is packing up stuff out of the motorhome that were taking home. I started loading the truck up little by little and putting things in the shed. I have to load the sxs, winterize the coach on Sunday and start heading home on Monday. It's been a great summer

FB_IMG_1629491515641.jpg

• Like 5

We've been getting ready for winter today. Thanks to the above normal temps this fall the tomatoes have still been producing. We picked the rest and put the small greenhouse away for the winter. I still need to munch up some leaves with the mower.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Hell yeah!!

IMG_20211103_085044946.jpg

We've had a few flurries but that's it. I guess my in-laws got a dusting overnight. They are 500-600 feet higher in elevation so that helps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Played 18 this morning, what a beautiful day. Time to do nothing. :bc:

aDCwdyl.jpg

Nice :bc:

Just mowed some leaves. Hanging out on the deck throwing the ball for the mutt. Sunny and mid 40s here

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Fucking Tankerman(assist)! Guy's been on the boat like 6 months now and still can't pump the barge on his own. Nice enough guy but WTF!? I just had to spend 2 hours on deck dragging hose to unfuck his fuckup. All while the owner of the company is chirping on the radio about how I will have to help since the t-man is unsure of himself. I'm the goddamn chief fucking mate, I don't drag goddamn hoses anymore!!! FML. :lol:

Oh and yeah that's ice in water too because everything is frozen up here!

20211108_031319.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Fucking Tankerman(assist)! Guy's been on the boat like 6 months now and still can't pump the barge on his own. Nice enough guy but WTF!? I just had to spend 2 hours on deck dragging hose to unfuck his fuckup. All while the owner of the company is chirping on the radio about how I will have to help since the t-man is unsure of himself. I'm the goddamn chief fucking mate, I don't drag goddamn hoses anymore!!! FML. :lol:

Oh and yeah that's ice in water too because everything is frozen up here!

20211108_031319.jpg

Get used to it. The world is full of dumb fucks :lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Get used to it. The world is full of dumb fucks :lol:

Our primary fuel pump went down so we had to switch to the stripping pump. That pump system is a 2" pipeline. I spent a lot of time explaining how to use the 4" hose to bypass the 2" pipeline and speed up the flow. Do you think he'd listen to his chief mate who is also a former Tankerman? Nooo of course not! :lol:

The lead tankerman finally came out for his shift and we switched the lines over. Frustrating!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Our primary fuel pump went down so we had to switch to the stripping pump. That pump system is a 2" pipeline. I spent a lot of time explaining how to use the 4" hose to bypass the 2" pipeline and speed up the flow. Do you think he'd listen to his chief mate who is also a former Tankerman? Nooo of course not! :lol:

The lead tankerman finally came out for his shift and we switched the lines over. Frustrating!

Next year you need to see if you can get a gig on that Below Deck show and try to hookup with one of the cute stews. You may not get laid, but it will be warmer :lol:

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, ckf said:

Next year you need to see if you can get a gig on that Below Deck show and try to hookup with one of the cute stews. You may not get laid, but it will be warmer :lol:

Anything beats pumping diesel with a bunch of dirty tugboaters!  :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Kivalo said:

What is your fascination with other people's money?

Just curious what a 9 month, 12 hr day, 7 days a week stint in the Bering Sea, brings down. 

Even if I was 40, I don't think I could do that. For any amount. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Just curious what a 9 month, 12 hr day, 7 days a week stint in the Bering Sea, brings down. 

Even if I was 40, I don't think I could do that. For any amount. 

Well that's because you're a pussy.  :bc:

• Like 2