***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

On 6/11/2021 at 2:48 PM, ckf said:

Yes, it is a nice area to ride midweek. Weekends are a zoo up there now.  We rode all over the area over the years. The Millsfield area seemed to be the hidden gem of the area IMO. The trails were always flat and fast :bc:

I never bothered to go to the bowl as I don't like getting stuck :lol:

My wife’s cousin is one of the 6 people who live in Millfield.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here know how this Facebook Marketplace rating system works?

I think it’s similar to the gay dating sites.  Lol!

Naww…my wife has sold a shit load of stuff on there this last month.  I mean, it’s fucking ridiculous how well it works.  Apparently, Craigslist is dead because, we got bupkis from that.  She doesn’t know about the rating system though.

Glad I could help.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think it’s similar to the gay dating sites.  Lol!

Naww…my wife has sold a shit load of stuff on there this last month.  I mean, it’s fucking ridiculous how well it works.  Apparently, Craigslist is dead because, we got bupkis from that.  She doesn’t know about the rating system though.

Glad I could help.

:lol:

Are you still down south?

:gm1: Currently sunny skies and 60f after a morning low of 41f.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

:lol:

Are you still down south?

:gm1: Currently sunny skies and 60f after a morning low of 41f.

Yes…but hopefully not much longer. We are easily into the mid 80’s in the shade here.  Heat index is pushing it to triple digits.  SWEET FUCK!  It’s just miserable.

Wait, I heard heat index and wind chill factors are bullshit so, never mind.  :lol:

@f7ben

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yes…but hopefully not much longer. We are easily into the mid 80’s in the shade here.  Heat index is pushing it to triple digits.  SWEET FUCK!  It’s just miserable.

Wait, I heard heat index and wind chill factors are bullshit so, never mind.  :lol:

@f7ben

I couldn't take the heat and humidity of the southeast this time of year. Back to Minnesota? Still planning to build a new place in Wisconsin, or holding off until building materials stabilize?

45 minutes ago, ckf said:

I couldn't take the heat and humidity of the southeast this time of year. Back to Minnesota? Still planning to build a new place in Wisconsin, or holding off until building materials stabilize?

Yeah...and it's only just begun!  At least the mornings are cool now.  In a couple of weeks, they won't be.

Yes, on our way back soon to buy a temp home in Duluth/Superior until we find the lot we want to start building.  Most likely in WI.  I can't wait for those temps!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...and it's only just begun!  At least the mornings are cool now.  In a couple of weeks, they won't be.

Yes, on our way back soon to buy a temp home in Duluth/Superior until we find the lot we want to start building.  Most likely in WI.  I can't wait for those temps!

We're in a pretty good spot for summer. In the past 8 summers here my weather station has recorded a high of 89. This may be the summer that we hit 90 :dunno: The only thing better in the northeast for beating the summer heat would be more elevation, or along the coast of downeast Maine.

Woke up around 1:30am to no power. Come to find out a house in the village burned down. When Nicole was in town this afternoon she heard a rumour that the house exploded from cooking meth :dunno:

• Confused 1

Partly sunny and 81 today. I think I may take a ride to a place my grandfather took me as a child to fish. I enjoy seeing places that I have been before from the drone perspective.

• Like 2