***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

I think today is supposed to be the warmest day this week and my weather station has recorded a high of 85.  Nice breeze to help keep it feeling a little cooler.

What was the temperature in your neighborhood today?

broadcast.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think today is supposed to be the warmest day this week and my weather station has recorded a high of 85.  Nice breeze to help keep it feeling a little cooler.

What was the temperature in your neighborhood today?

broadcast.jpg

It was 88 but now it’s down to a chilly 85...my daughter was home for the weekend and went back to Marquette yesterday afternoon and it was 95 when she got there.🥴😜

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Damn that sucks.  I've had that issue when I have alotta stress or too much going on at work.  Is that a factor?  I got diagnosed with sleep apnea a year ago, and have been on a Cpap machine just recently.  I also cut way back on the booze which also helped.  I fall asleep quickly and have been way better rested.  I like it.  So good luck man.  :bc: 

10 hours ago, irv said:

Worry and stress are big factors, as is drinking coffee or caffeinated drinks within at least 6+ hrs before bed.

Do you like background noise? My biggest problem is I am a light sleeper so I hear everything bump and creek in the night. Years ago I purchased a sound machine with various, mostly nature sounds to drown those out. It took a bit of getting use to but once I found the sound I liked, it made a huge difference.

I feel your pain. 

Good luck. :bc:

I ended up getting about two hour's sleep. I was a wreck today at work. I'm a very light sleeper. I have my air conditioner on at night to drown out other noises and to keep my room cool. I hope to get some sleep tonight or I'm screwed. It's supposed to be another hot one tomorrow.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, small-bore said:

I ended up getting about two hour's sleep. I was a wreck today at work. I'm a very light sleeper. I have my air conditioner on at night to drown out other noises and to keep my room cool. I hope to get some sleep tonight or I'm screwed. It's supposed to be another hot one tomorrow.

I take unisom pills sometimes when I go a few nights in a row with only a few hours sleep each night. Usually I’ll take it at 7pm right when we start getting our kids ready for bed im usually out by 8 don’t wake up till 7am next day.

Just a side note here. I heard on the radio the other day about a study that said people’s bad sleep was due to the amount of time they sit infront of a computer screen or phone something about blue lights. I don’t know if that’s the case but maybe reducing that might help you.

4 hours ago, small-bore said:

I do shots of Z-quil. 

It helps a ton, but if I've been really active mentally or physically before bed, some nights I have like a runners high and will lay away for hours.  

I try to get some dome since I'm convinced it'll help put me to sleep, but no luck. :(

33 minutes ago, small-bore said:

I ended up getting some sleep last night. Today was pretty hot but I made it through the day so I'm okey.

https://nationalpost.com/cannabis-health/seven-cannabis-strains-that-could-help-treat-insomnia/wcm/3538421a-f036-4adc-be8f-a90a672f157a

The air if finally drying out here in northern Vermont. The dew point has fallen from 69° at 8am to 60° at 11am. Coupled with a nice NW breeze, 78° feels nice in the shade!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

The air if finally drying out here in northern Vermont. The dew point has fallen from 69° at 8am to 60° at 11am. Coupled with a nice NW breeze, 78° feels nice in the shade!

Yup it’s coming this way. It’s the 4th day of 90 plus and It’s so frikkin hot I cant do shit outside. I have parts to repair one of our split AC units and new gears to fix the garage door opener. Supply house called and my new window is in so that needs to be done……all outside. I was just out in the garage dinkin with the opener and it’s over 100..fuck that. 
The pool looks like it needs to be cleaned….lol oh are those cold Sammies I see in the fridge? Lol

Oh and the woodchuck had 4 new ones….the fuckers are everywhere…well there’s 2 left now. 
Last year one of the moms was so smart I couldn’t get her to stay still for a shot but she did go into the trap.

I know why they call the whistle pigs….thus don’t like traps.

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 2

i was working in the garage after the rain came thorugh last night and realized i was literally soaking wet from the humidity.   crazy how bad it was.  Was jsut down on the decks in portsmouth and still humid as fuck.  will be nice to see it cool off.  

• Like 1

Did some flying yesterday.

First Connecticut Lake in Pittsburg, NH. For those familiar with the trails, Magalloway Road on the right, and what used to be Corridor 5 on the left. When driving in Maggaloway road you can see where the teeth of the clubs drags have worn in to some of the large rocks in the road surface. Some even look like you are approaching a culvert that is partially exposed. 

20210610-PANO0021-7-Pano-1.jpg

• Like 3

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

Did some flying yesterday.

First Connecticut Lake in Pittsburg, NH. For those familiar with the trails, Magalloway Road on the right, and what used to be Corridor 5 on the left. When driving in Maggaloway road you can see where the teeth of the clubs drags have worn in to some of the large rocks in the road surface. Some even look like you are approaching a culvert that is partially exposed. 

20210610-PANO0021-7-Pano-1.jpg

You ever get any shots of magalloway mountain and the fire tower? Another cool spot up there is Garfield falls idk if you’d see it from a drone though.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

You ever get any shots of magalloway mountain and the fire tower? Another cool spot up there is Garfield falls idk if you’d see it from a drone though.

I haven't tried Magallway with a drone, but I have watched. @Angry ginger

go backwards down a part of the trail to the fire tower on sleds. :lol:

I've photographed Garfield Falls from the ground with my DSLR several years ago. I'm not sure if I could get a drone in there or not.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ckf said:

I haven't tried Magallway with a drone, but I have watched. @Angry ginger

go backwards down a part of the trail to the fire tower on sleds. :lol:

I've photographed Garfield Falls from the ground with my DSLR several years ago. I'm not sure if I could get a drone in there or not.

oh ya been there done that I feel his pain lol.  That trail with low snow and ice under fluff no studs is not a fun place to be. If you can actually get to the top it’s a nice view though so worth the try anyways.

13 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

oh ya been there done that I feel his pain lol.  That trail with low snow and ice under fluff no studs is not a fun place to be. If you can actually get to the top it’s a nice view though so worth the try anyways.

We've made it up on other occasions. We used to do a couple thousand miles a season in the area when we rode out of a buddy's camp on South Hill in Stewartstown.

• Like 1

Here's the reason I was in Pittsburg yesterday. I was photographing an off the grid cabin on Lake Francis. I got a chance to visit with theguy a bit. The place is cool as hell :thumbsup:

20210610-DJI_0030-HDR-1.jpg

20210610-DJI_0072-1.jpg

20210610-DJI_0020-HDR-Pano-1.jpg

• Like 4

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, ckf said:

We've made it up on other occasions. We used to do a couple thousand miles a season in the area when we rode out of a buddy's camp on South Hill in Stewartstown.

Nice, it’s a nice area to ride. I’ve only made it to the tower once. Got to the bowl too once and went as expected (stuck lol) that is way stepper in person than it looks. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice, it’s a nice area to ride. I’ve only made it to the tower once. Got to the bowl too once and went as expected (stuck lol) that is way stepper in person than it looks. 

Yes, it is a nice area to ride midweek. Weekends are a zoo up there now.  We rode all over the area over the years. The Millsfield area seemed to be the hidden gem of the area IMO. The trails were always flat and fast :bc:

I never bothered to go to the bowl as I don't like getting stuck :lol:

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, it is a nice area to ride midweek. Weekends are a zoo up there now.  We rode all over the area over the years. The Millsfield area seemed to be the hidden gem of the area IMO. The trails were always flat and fast :bc:

I never bothered to go to the bowl as I don't like getting stuck :lol:

Yup, we’ve noticed the same towards Millsfield usually little traffic and nice trails. That’s one of the reasons we don’t go there much anymore we ride weekends 90% of the time and Pittsburg is just insane on weekends with crowds and cops.

• Like 1

Looking for some stuff on the Facebooks and find a lot of shit with "$1 - Make Offer", then they offended at my offer. 

If you want $100 for something, price it as such so dickhead me doesn't waste your time with a $10 or $20 offer.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Looking for some stuff on the Facebooks and find a lot of shit with "$1 - Make Offer", then they offended at my offer. 

If you want $100 for something, price it as such so dickhead me doesn't waste your time with a $10 or $20 offer.

Nobody should be offended that you have a lot of time on your hands.  :lol: