***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Short video from this past Monday in Newport, VT. Newport is located on the International boundary with Quebec. It also shares Lake Memphremagog with Quebec.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Listing a bunch of shit on the Facebook Marketplace. 

This is probably a mistake.

Instant Pot piece of shit is the first thing to go.  God what a piece of shit that thing is.

I could have had more ladies lined up at the door for a $25 Instant Pot we never got to work right then a Starbucks in a Target on a Saturday.

Good afternoon gents. After a brief period of false spring here in VT, today is quite the opposite. It's been snowing and blowing all day with temps in the teens. We've picked up around 6" of new snow over the past few days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2021 at 3:40 PM, ckf said:

Good afternoon gents. After a brief period of false spring here in VT, today is quite the opposite. It's been snowing and blowing all day with temps in the teens. We've picked up around 6" of new snow over the past few days.

Better you then us. Beautiful sunshine but cold here today.

6 minutes ago, small-bore said:

Better you then us. Beautiful sunshine but cold here today.

Cold here today too. The low was only -1, but despite the sunshine we only managed a high of 10

We had some pretty cold windy days here in Nova Scotia. It's supposed to start warming up tomorrow and about fkn time. I'm out in the shop with no heat trying to clean it out and hope to be done today or tomorrow. We're on our 3rd disposal bin which'll be picked up Thurs or Fri and on Sat we'll have a big fire with stuff that can be burnt

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

When are you buying another camp up Nord?

not going to do it.  the whole renting thing just makes sense if one was to want a camp up north for sledding.  places with good sledding atving and boating are few and far between and top dollar to make it worth having year round. 

Off the top of my head that would be something on big wood in Jackman,  rangeley lake,  moosehead, moxie pond, 5 lakes in Millinocket, sebec lake and embden pond. 

there are some in the county but the drive is too much.  millinockets pushing it at 240 miles to the exit off 95.  Portage or Eagle lake are 60-75 minutes up rt 11 off exit 258 i think it is.  

• Like 1

I stuck a stick in the gas tank and feels like 2-3" of sludge in the bottom . I screwed around with it today and cut the fuel line,added a piece of rubber fuel hose to the steel line before the fuel pump and put a plastic jug on the inner fender full of gas and stuck the hose in. I filled the float bowls with gas,squirted some gas in the carb and it fired right up. It's sucking gas out of my jerry rigged jug and now we won't need a bunch of people pushing it to load it on the trailer.

20210317_165237.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ckf said:

34 with a light drizzle here this morning. Big warmup coming this weekend.

That sucks. It was a beautiful day here today. Supposed to be nice for the weekend here. Good thing as I have to change my front brake's on my buggy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, small-bore said:

That sucks. It was a beautiful day here today. Supposed to be nice for the weekend here. Good thing as I have to change my front brake's on my buggy.

Warmer here this weekend too.

:gm1: Currently sunny and 10 above. One more day of below normal temps before the warmer air arrives tomorrow.

• Like 1

Slush and shit ice all year and it finally firmed up after last week's meltdown. First time for trucks working on the lake on only 15" of grey ice was Monday and now it'll be euchered by Saturday. Cue the boats

• Like 1

Good afternoon gentleman. Currently 40° and sunny here in northern VT. The extended forecast has us much above normal for the next week. Spring has sprung in the northeast. 

image.png

Also, I was thinking about moving this thread from CE to the HCS general forum. Thoughts???