***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

18 minutes ago, Dave said:

Well if it makes you feel better....this time next year you will be in the desert possibly looking at my pretty face!

:lol:

I am so ready to spend a winter in a warmer climate. It might even be worth looking at your ugly mug  :lol:  

Trying to get as many snow shots as I can in case everything works out and we are exploring the southwest next winter.   This guys lack of communication cost me a chance to catch a NH ski area just before sunset :(

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

I am so ready to spend a winter in a warmer climate. It might even be worth looking at your ugly mug  :lol:  

Trying to get as many snow shots as I can in case everything works out and we are exploring the southwest next winter.   This guys lack of communication cost me a chance to catch a NH ski area just before sunset :(

:flush:

We are on day 11 of our quarantine in Nova Scotia in the motorhome in my brother's driveway. We are almost out of food but still have enough to get thru. The propane tank is just above 1/4 but not an issue as we can run the genny and use the fireplace and an elec heater. The only disadvantage is not being able to use the toilet, shower or water system as it's winterized so we have to go in the house. Overall it's been fun sofar and looking forward to warm weather .

20210128_070840.jpg

• Like 2

The media is calling for the coldest temps in years for the northeast over the weekend. I looked at the forecast temps for here and the low is only forecast to be -8f. While cold, we usually get several mornings in the -20s during the winter and have recorded a low of -30f for once in the 8 winters that we have been here.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

The media is calling for the coldest temps in years for the northeast over the weekend. I looked at the forecast temps for here and the low is only forecast to be -8f. While cold, we usually get several mornings in the -20s during the winter and have recorded a low of -30f for once in the 8 winters that we have been here.

The coldest temps in the millenials media brains.....

42 minutes ago, ckf said:

when i looked and booked my sled rental they were saying 24 sunday,  now 14,  SMH.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

If you get what went through here better bundle up....was -40f in the morning 3 days in a row.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dave said:

If you get what went through here better bundle up....was -40f in the morning 3 days in a row.

That chunk of cold must be staying to our north :dunno:

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Pittsburg

Cool! You know where to avoid, lol. I have a friend with a camp in Dummer. Millsfield has been great! Mike Davis and Barry were just up there looking at a camp for Mike right on Rte 16.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Kid from work got his arm caught in the pull roll yesterday.

Surgery at 10:30pm last night.

Broken middle finger, broken arm, repaired some tendons and ligaments.

Pretty somber place her yesterday. They sent whole shift home and brought in my shift.

Safety police will be doing a thorough investigation re that accident. Company could be in for a very hefty fine.

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Me and Jim were in town this past thursday for the day. Was gonna put you in the essexx house superbowl square but didnt have ya phone number

How were the trails?

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

How were the trails?

Ip was pretty good. Derby fucking rocked considering low snow. Went out 58 thru Charlestown and up to derby. Across the border cut and down into IP. Was so good we had lunch and ran it again going the opposite way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ip was pretty good. Derby fucking rocked considering low snow. Went out 58 thru Charlestown and up to derby. Across the border cut and down into IP. Was so good we had lunch and ran it again going the opposite way.

Awesome!  Check out this 360 view of IP.

https://johnrowephotos.com/2021/01/30/360-aerial-panorama-of-island-pond-vt/

• Like 1