***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Hot as hell here and looks like another couple more weeks of it. It's gonna be 95 deg tomorrow and if it's gonna be humid holy fuck. 

B7B066B9-552B-49C2-BC09-D25DBB2DEC51.gif.60838af36b2553dbcceab9ab72b740d5.gif

15 hours ago, ckf said:

We just had a thunderstorm roll through. Downpour and very breezy. I thought my little greenhouse was going to fly away, LOL.

That storm was nuts. We lost power for a few. And a tree crushed the swing set I got for my granddaughter last summer. 

8 minutes ago, Shifty said:

That storm was nuts. We lost power for a few. And a tree crushed the swing set I got for my granddaughter last summer. 

Nicole and I were holding the greenhouse down or it would have blown over. I only had one corner tied down. I need to transplant my 2 girls to 15 gallon pots so I can use them as weight to hold it down. All I had yesterday was 1  15 gallon pot of cukes holding it down.

I started early this morning to get ahead of the heat. The guy just wants it shiny to sell it so not alot of effort to make it real pretty lol. He bought a 50ft cruiser to replace this one and complained about the quote to do a paint correction/ polish and ceramic on one of his Porshes

20200709_101133.jpg

Edited by smokin george
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

I started early this morning to get ahead of the heat. The guy just wants it shiny to sell it so not alot of effort to make it real pretty lol. He bought a 50ft cruiser to replace this one and complained about the quote to do a paint correction/ polish and ceramic on one of his Porshes

20200709_101133.jpg

Yah...gotta love a guy like that.:groin:

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

20200709_101133.jpg

I can't stand wealthy people who are cheap pricks, I would have added another 10% just for that reason alone.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I can't stand wealthy people who are cheap pricks, I would have added another 10% just for that reason alone.

He brought it late Monday and we had a week to get it done. He called today and said it's sold and the new owner is picking it up this Sat at 2pm. Fkn goof

Afternoon gents. Another warm day here with temps in the mid 80's. We went grocery shopping in NH earlier today. On the way back we came across 2 border patrol rigs and a county sheriff that had an SUV pulled over. The guy in cuffs looked to be of Middle East decent. It was right after we crossed the green bridge to enter NH. It was about 20 miles south of the Quebec border.

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Muggy and 87f here. :(

I was just looking at the long range forecast for the rest of July and it looks to be more of the same

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/weather-pattern-update-into-early-august/771572

Today was brutal for sure with the heat and humidity. We have a portable ac unit in the bdrm and one in front room (den) and both are working pretty steady. We contacted an hvac guy that lives around the corner a week ago and he says he'll come by blah blah blah. I just sent an e-mail to another company, they responded immediately and someone is coming here on Monday. We need a ductless split unit due to the infloor heat and apparently they're quiet and efficient

25 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Today was brutal for sure with the heat and humidity. We have a portable ac unit in the bdrm and one in front room (den) and both are working pretty steady. We contacted an hvac guy that lives around the corner a week ago and he says he'll come by blah blah blah. I just sent an e-mail to another company, they responded immediately and someone is coming here on Monday. We need a ductless split unit due to the infloor heat and apparently they're quiet and efficient

I've heard a lot of great things about those units.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I should ask my nephew this question, who's going to Maine Maritime Academy to learn how to run boats like this....but how friggin long does it take to stop a boat that big or get it to change course.  I'm thinking thats gonna be an expensive court case.

Chilling in the surgical waiting room...they just took my daughter back to remove her tonsils..she is worried about the post op pain but knows it will be worth it in the long run.👍🏼

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Chilling in the surgical waiting room...they just took my daughter back to remove her tonsils..she is worried about the post op pain but knows it will be worth it in the long run.👍🏼

Here's to a speedy recovery for mini female Snacks. :bc: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my mowers shredded a drive belt today, left me stranded in the big field. Towed it back with my other mower.

Sonofabitch, what a job it is changing it out!!!

I'll order it now, take me a few days ta' get it. 

It's a bastardly job. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

One of my mowers shredded a drive belt today, left me stranded in the big filed. Towed it back with my other mower.

Sonofabitch, what a job it is changing it out!!!

I'll order it now, take me a few days ta' get it. 

It's a bastardly job. 

Spelling bee champ!

Big filed

:crazy: