Highest Mileage Day???

6 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

200 give or take a few miles

200 miles seems low for someone from Canada, but my only experience north of the border has been Quebec. There are some areas in Quebec where you could do 200 miles before lunch.

38 minutes ago, ckf said:

200 miles seems low for someone from Canada, but my only experience north of the border has been Quebec. There are some areas in Quebec where you could do 200 miles before lunch.

I think it depends a lot on what you're riding too. My old xcr was pretty confined for someone 6'3 lol . 

368 miles , but stopped to eat twice.

It's easy to do in northern Ontario and Quebec. Wide trails and long stretches.

I like doing the back packing trips but with luggage racks instead though. Park in one area and arrive back there 3-5 days later. Motel to motel.

Fun trips :D

55 minutes ago, ckf said:

Where we are it is tighter and more twisty than northern Ontario and Quebec.  By myself I could pack more on but usually don't ride alone

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Axys1 said:

One of our club members does a ride for cancer every year being his four year old daughter had cancer he does 500 miles every year in one day. BTW she doing awesome no signs of cancer. They where riding with Keven Kelly the guy that put on 99,995 mile ish on that stock Yamaha all for cancer.  

139381_n.jpg

12705.jpg

1627665_n.jpg

Are we not using real names?  The guy mentioned in the pics is amazing.  He rides a ton of miles where we ride.

We typically put on about 200 per day.  Have had a few right around the 400 mark.  Never leave without a relaxing breakfast, but hit the rough trails during the rest of the day.  Prefer to eat and then ride hard.  It takes a lot of energy to ride in junk.  There are no guarantees with trail conditions.  Groomers break, clubs don't follow through with their schedules.

4 hours ago, Mowhawkcat said:

368 miles , but stopped to eat twice.

It's easy to do in northern Ontario and Quebec. Wide trails and long stretches.

I like doing the back packing trips but with luggage racks instead though. Park in one area and arrive back there 3-5 days later. Motel to motel.

Fun trips :D

I've done that in the UP.  Good times for sure 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Rode from Central Wi to Manistique MI - 412 miles in one day.  Over half the miles were realtively tight and twisty trails.  Left at 5:30 and got in at 10:30.  Went on to ride over 2200 miles in 8'days on our annual Ontario trip.   Now I'm focusing on off trail riding.  I'm done pounding trails for awhile.  

220 miles in 2004 on my viper in the western UP.  These days we ride out west in the mtns and 40-100 miles a day depending on conditions... And much more exhausting IMO than diamond pounding

14 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

002.JPG

I know you like those all night rides, but that seems a bit much. Did you really do 650 miles in 24 hours, Ron?

At my age now anything over 200 miles becomes a job 150 is enjoyable.. The mileage game is not important to me anymore and for you who still play the game I say have a blast doing it guys!! :bc:

428 miles Chapleau Ontario to Longlac Ontario in early February 2002, we had 300+ miles on the clock when we were fueling in Manitouwadge at 3:00 in the afternoon, and well don't you know it's only another 100 miles or so to Longlac....... Oh fuck not only is it 100 miles of riding thru no-mans land it had not been groomed or signed yet, but there were some groomer flags and we could see that two sleds had been through going north, and when we reached the point of no return fuel wise and we were discussing whether to press on or return to Manitouwadge we see the two sleds whose tracks we had seen in the areas that were not windblown heading south, the info we got was huge as there was a point 40 kilometers north we would hit a road and would need to turn right and then go right again about 200 meters down the road, by the time we got to that road it was good and dark and we would never have seen or known which way to go at that road.

Any how we got into Longlac around 9:00 just in time to get a frozen pizza in the motel bar :fry:

Had a 411 mile day Chibougamau to LaSarre in 2000, and more 300+ mile days than I can count.

The crew on the C-101D east of Chapleau a couple of days later, we had three 2002 ZR 800's on that trip and one 2001 ZL 550

east of chapleau.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

428 miles Chapleau Ontario to Longlac Ontario in early February 2002, we had 300+ miles on the clock when we were fueling in Manitouwadge at 3:00 in the afternoon, and well don't you know it's only another 100 miles or so to Longlac....... Oh fuck not only is it 100 miles of riding thru no-mans land it had not been groomed or signed yet, but there were some groomer flags and we could see that two sleds had been through going north, and when we reached the point of no return fuel wise and we were discussing whether to press on or return to Manitouwadge we see the two sleds whose tracks we had seen in the areas that were not windblown heading south, the info we got was huge as there was a point 40 kilometers north we would hit a road and would need to turn right and then go right again about 200 meters down the road, by the time we got to that road it was good and dark and we would never have seen or known which way to go at that road.

Any how we got into Longlac around 9:00 just in time to get a frozen pizza in the motel bar :fry:

Had a 411 mile day Chibougamau to LaSarre in 2000, and more 300+ mile days than I can count.

The crew on the C-101D east of Chapleau a couple of days later, we had three 2002 ZR 800's on that trip and one 2001 ZL 550

east of chapleau.jpg

Those were not the easiest sleds to put miles on the seat.  We had a couple of the 2002 ZR sleds that we kept around as spares.  We had a 360 mile day and felt so good when we got back to camp that we thought it would be a good idea to burn through the old gas on the ZR sleds sitting in the trailer.  We only rode about 20 more miles.  We could immediately feel where the ergonomics of seating position caused major pain.

I love the thought of "It's only another 100 miles."  .  Been there and done that quite a few times.  Had a few that bit pretty hard on the body/senses. 

One trip turned into whiteout conditions just after we said "It's only another 100 miles",   We didn't have many lodging options and no late night gas.   A groomer had also created a snow boulder ridge on the middle of the trail.  It was a brutal ride.  You couldn't see and it was like riding a minefield.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2016 at 10:28 AM, ckf said:

I know you like those all night rides, but that seems a bit much. Did you really do 650 miles in 24 hours, Ron?

Yeah , I think it was like 19 hours or so .   It was nothing that we planned , it just came about as we were having breakfast around 9 am in Greenville .    

" Waddya wanna do today" ?

" I duuno , I'm full of oil though... you?"

" Yeah , I'm full .   Wanna go to FT Kent the long way, we ain't nevah been there before?"

" Yeah.  Yeah , that sounds like fun ... get the check and let's roll "

:bc:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , I think it was like 19 hours or so .   It was nothing that we planned , it just came about as we were having breakfast around 9 am in Greenville .    

" Yeah , I'm full .   Wanna go to FT Kent the long way, we ain't nevah been there before?"

That's one hell of a day! Did you sleep for 19 hours straight the next day?

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's one hell of a day! Did you sleep for 19 hours straight the next day?

Actually no .   It was our last day of that trip so we slept for 4 hours then had to load it up and drive home to Nashua :lol:   :nuts:

12 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Damn Ron, that's one hell of a day! We've discussed doing a 600 miler but at this stage of the game I don't have the desire, now I like to get an early start an roll into town at around 5:00 so I can get settled in and get a Crown on the rocks in my hands, the savages I ride with always like to get into town right before the restaurant closes LOL