Highest Mileage Day???

320 miles in 2009 on the vermont border to border ride. Started at 4:30am and finished around 8:30pm. The trails were super twisty/windy, mountainous, and were beat to shit from a hundred plus other guys starting in front of us. It was a cool experience but I don't want any part of it ever again. Most days our group does 100-150 miles which I enjoy more than the big mile days.

• Like 1

Nope, that was the last year I believe. I've heard it was because of some towns not wanting a couple hundred sleds ripping through at 5 in the morning. But it was probably a nightmare to organize anyway. That might have had something to do with it too.

• Like 1

Pierce rock back to the universal in r.d. Quebec in one day well over 400 miles  then loaded up and drove to Plattsburgh ny large system was moving was on its way and I had to make the plane home.  Never again it was a long 36 hrs

Edited by Rmk

• 1 month later...

Dozens of 650 mile days over the years....Leave Chicago at 1a.m. Drive all night in the truck to Iron Mt, Mi...That's the first 310 miles... Arrive just at sun up...Drop the truck and trailer in the lot at the Comfort Inn...Head west on trail #2...Then north to the Gogebic Lodge for lunch...Hookup with Trail #8 heading east...To Trail #5 heading south...Back on Trail #2 heading west to Iron Mt....Back in Iron Mt before sunset... Total trail miles are 330-340 mi on that particular loop...Power drink with the locals till closing time......Then start all over again at 7a.m. the next morning.......... 

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Winter 13 Cochrane to Cochrane in February via Abitibi Canyon way too far fucking near died coldest weather February could produce never been back all that way north and didnt even see the jolly old bastard a trip that is etched in my memory forever i think about couple hundred miles plus or so in well below zero temps possibly a thousand miles it would have been epic but some body parts have never recovered.Generally we as a group run 150 to 225 a day when on a tour and  the weather is good.Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 1:20 PM, Slow Joe said:

Winter 13 Cochrane to Cochrane in February via Abitibi Canyon way too far fucking near died coldest weather February could produce never been back all that way north and didnt even see the jolly old bastard a trip that is etched in my memory forever i think about couple hundred miles plus or so in well below zero temps possibly a thousand miles it would have been epic but some body parts have never recovered.Generally we as a group run 150 to 225 a day when on a tour and  the weather is good.Joe

Did the loop this year in -30 before windchill.  Warm up shelters are a wonderful thing up there

• 1 year later...

319. And we not only stopped for each meal, but dined in. Lol.

This was this past winter. No lakes, no rivers. All inland in the NorthEast. Not bad for a 51yr old on a 12,00 mile all original (but track and ski’s) 05 900 Fusion.lol

Had to bug out at noon next day , covid was starting to shut things down snd empty store shelves, so had to go on home supply mission. :(

0D1DECC5-9D4D-4779-B399-3FF794E41B70.jpeg

• Like 1

301 miles.  Actually rode back and forth a few miles to get to that.   Was done in North Bay to Sudbury and part way around the BIG LAKE (Nippising) and back.  The ride home was brutal on the railroad grade as they only groom(ed) it once every couple of days.   Did that on the ZR900.  It was GREAT ! 

Steve

412 miles in one day Wisconsin and Michigan trails on a 2016 Pro-R 800.  With the guys usually have multiple 300 plus mile days per year depending on the trails.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

Maybe around 180-200.  Not much reason to do any more for me.  Most days are around 100 if we're going out for a good ride somewhere.  My funnest days are off trail and mileage is probably a fraction of that.  

If the itch ain't scratched in 100 miles then I'm doing it wrong.  Not much into riding for the sake of riding.  We ride wooded trails that are narrow and twisty and turny.  Most are beat after a day of trying to keep up.

• Like 1

in the UP last year they have a ride for cancer "Snowball for Cancer" last year they did a 700 mile ride in 23 hours they will be doing it again this year. Let me know if you're interested I can hook you up. My best 318 miles after that it becomes a job. 

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, Badger** said:

in the UP last year they have a ride for cancer "Snowball for Cancer" last year they did a 700 mile ride in 23 hours they will be doing it again this year. Let me know if you're interested I can hook you up. My best 318 miles after that it becomes a job. 

snowballcancer.org  is what you are talking about Badger.  Nick Keller is the man.  Thats the outfit I did my 500 mile day with.  One hell of a story from that guy.  Good story and even better cause.  You should go on there and buy a tshirt if nothing else.

• Like 1

On a sled, probably only a couple hundred.  Motorcycle, 1079 in 17.5 hrs.  South Haven MI to Torrington WY on my way to Alaska.  Oh yea, and I was hauling a trailer behind the bike too. 😉