Annual Humane Society Fund rasier!!!

odot1

Every year Rupert and I rasie funds to give back to the organization that saved his life and enrieched mine.  I know money is tight and I don't want anyone to feel any pressure to donate.  We are accepting positive thoughts and comments as well!!!  As many know, Rupert was hit by a car Christmas eve 2009.  I found him while on duty Christmas morning.  He was in the median of the 401 and had been there so long his body heat melted the ice and snow leaving him in a puddle of water.  Despite several broken bones in his left rear leg and a blown out right rear knee he did not whimper, bark or bite when I picked him up.  I could hear his bones grinding... but he was tough!!  and stubborn...soooo very stubborn.  A plea for his owner went out... he was only about a year old and obviously some ones pet.  Turned out he was owned by a violent drug dealer who used to beat on him (drug dealer burned to death in deal gone bad 6mnths later). The plea brought in enough donations to fix Ruperts injuries and with the donation of an amazing rehab vet, Dr Cherie White he learned to walk again!!  He can now chase down rabbits and squirrels!!!  Please add your own stories to this thread as well!!!  I've attached the donation site...  I don't think it accepts PayPal but if you want to donate and want to use that format I will gladly accept and add it to the total.  You guys have helped me raise the most money each year since I've started.   I can't thank you enough for that!!!!!

Sean 

http://www.thewhig.com/2011/07/05/rupert-the-dog-regains-use-of-all-four-of-his-legs

http://bigpaws2017.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1174618&lis=0&kntae1174618=3E6EE59B648C417F9B69B36F039FD921&supId=330634516

rupe.jpg.7951b11cd886e18fea8fe21e58fe6fb3.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, odot1 said:

Every year Rupert and I rasie funds to give back to the organization that saved his life and enrieched mine.  I know money is tight and I don't want anyone to feel any pressure to donate.  We are accepting positive thoughts and comments as well!!!  As many know, Rupert was hit by a car Christmas eve 2009.  I found him while on duty Christmas morning.  He was in the median of the 401 and had been there so long his body heat melted the ice and snow leaving him in a puddle of water.  Despite several broken bones in his left rear leg and a blown out right rear knee he did not whimper, bark or bite when I picked him up.  I could hear his bones grinding... but he was tough!!  and stubborn...soooo very stubborn.  A plea for his owner went out... he was only about a year old and obviously some ones pet.  Turned out he was owned by a violent drug dealer who used to beat on him (drug dealer burned to death in deal gone bad 6mnths later). The plea brought in enough donations to fix Ruperts injuries and with the donation of an amazing rehab vet, Dr Cherie White he learned to walk again!!  He can now chase down rabbits and squirrels!!!  Please add your own stories to this thread as well!!!  I've attached the donation site...  I don't think it accepts PayPal but if you want to donate and want to use that format I will gladly accept and add it to the total.  You guys have helped me raise the most money each year since I've started.   I can't thank you enough for that!!!!!

Sean 

http://www.thewhig.com/2011/07/05/rupert-the-dog-regains-use-of-all-four-of-his-legs

http://bigpaws2017.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1174618&lis=0&kntae1174618=3E6EE59B648C417F9B69B36F039FD921&supId=330634516

rupe.jpg.7951b11cd886e18fea8fe21e58fe6fb3.jpg

You should post this in the Current Events forum too.

• Like 1

Sean your timing is impeccable.  It was 9 months ago Poncho died, on the 12th of October.  My wife and I were thinking about her today. She was a rescue dog, she was crippled and the vet said she would be lucky to live 3 maybe 4 years. She was 4 months old when we picked her up.  She lived to be almost 15 years old. A lot of love and work and she lived a full life.  In her short time with us, she has been flying, sledding, boating, watercrafting and a bunch more.  There was nothing she missed.

Great that Rupert is going strong.  We donated......thanks

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 4

Wow.  What a touching story.  Heart warming and heart breaking. Thankyou very much for sharing your story and your donation.  I will tell Rupert your story and hug him extra tight tonight! 

• Like 2

Thanks Tim!!!!!!!  Very generous...  With online and offline (not shown) donations we are not at $340!!!  Closing in on halfway mark...  A very generous group of people on this site!!

• 4 weeks later...

Update...   just a $100 left to reach our $1000 goal (offline donations included) and 25 days to the event!!!  Thanks to all for the support both financially and otherwise!!  Once again Rupert and I are able to make a small difference to a worthy organization that gave so much to us.

Sean

http://bigpaws2017.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1174618&lis=1&kntae1174618=616ED34439DB4425B2EB6A3D13D9B8B2&supId=330634516

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psledhead said:

Sean, Keep us posted as the deadline draws near.

I'm sure I could throw a few more bucks your way if needed.

As you can tell, I have a soft spot for the fur kids...

Thanks!!!  You've already done soooo much!!!!!