If anyone is the market now is a good time to buy a ram

atc

I've owned 2.  My second which I still have (7 years now), has had virtually no underhood issues.  A CPS ($70 or so) is all I can remember, and a shift solenoid pack for the transmission.  Otherwise just a PS line, and O2 sensor, etc.  And that poor truck is always towing something..... LOL

What happened to the manifolds?

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Aint no such thing as 500,000 trouble free kms.

I've owned my '12 Hemi for just over a year and there's nothing free about it. We can start with the exhaust manifolds.

Edited by Puzzleboy

What size & weight travel trailer are you towing? 

7 hours ago, atc said:

If it had a longer wheel base for travel trailer towing it would have been my only choice. Economy way better then yours. I advise to go sv premium or higher to get the better interior. Alot of models around $11,000 off right now and the standard 160,000 km warranty.

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They are gay though.

Agree.  

32 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I've owned 2.  My second which I still have (7 years now), has had virtually no underhood issues.  A CPS ($70 or so) is all I can remember, and a shift solenoid pack for the transmission.  Otherwise just a PS line, and O2 sensor, etc.  And that poor truck is always towing something..... LOL

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Aint no such thing as 500,000 trouble free kms.

I've owned my '12 Hemi for just over a year and there's nothing free about it. We can start with the exhaust manifolds.

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

From my experience with a couple the 5.7's in two different models, the Ram needed the manifold studs and bolts replaced, somewhere around 150,000'ish....and it is a fairly easy thing to do and quite common.

The Commander that is now north of 200,000 has not needed it yet, they are still in tact.....however replacing the studs and bolts will be a major PITA.

Other than the usual maintenance items, I have been fortunate, but could have went the other way too I am sure......I think the only premature item that went on the Ram was the tranny valve body at around 125,000'ish, but easy fix too, drop the pan, remove old, reinstall new and off you go!   

I think the shift knob is only on the 10 speed and not the 6 speed.....i really do not like it either, likely be a good enough reason for me not to get the 10 speed, and I am not too fond of the serviceability on the 10 speed either.....:flush: 

So you have to put your head in the wheel well to hear it?  Lol  Turn the radio up! :)

But a gasket/stud replacement at higher mileage doesn't sound like a big deal...... and not an engine internal issue regardless. 

Unless the studs break......

Edited by Puzzleboy

Killer Cherokees...... I'll never trust mine again.... it is now in the same category as women. 

4 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Apparently the shift knob killed Chekhov from Star Trek ......

Edited by Puzzleboy

23 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Agree.  

Sounds more like a slow lifter,warms up and nulls out but it sounds like every shit box I've ever owned maybe he should post the after fix video just for comparison.  He won't

Edited by J D Harmeyer

Well, I'm guessing he won't make that same mistake again......

6 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

The guy can drive the USS Enterprise , but can't put a vehicle in park ..... 

You don't have your Cherokee chained up ? 

7 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

The guy can drive the USS Enterprise , but can't put a vehicle in park ..... 

You don't have your Cherokee chained up ? 

More like SpongeBob, aces the written test . . . practical is another.

• Like 1