If anyone is the market now is a good time to buy a ram

atc

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Hemis are quite good on gas, given their power and longevity. 

Can't see many Ecoboosts making it to the 500,000 km mark problem-free. 

Nowadays good luck anything lasting.

Its called planned obsolescence.  They have a pretty good idea on parts stream and revenue.

Why do you think 0% financing for 7 years works?

You own it for 7 years and they know you will be buying parts eventually.

I agree.  But Hemis do have a good reputation for bullet-proofness, and are N/A conventional engines.   

Mine is going strong at 13 years old. Lots of EcoBoost issues though out there.  I wouldn't want to own one out of warranty. 

Still true today - "There's no replacement, for displacement".   

12 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Nowadays good luck anything lasting.

Its called planned obsolescence.  They have a pretty good idea on parts stream and revenue.

Why do you think 0% financing for 7 years works?

You own it for 7 years and they know you will be buying parts eventually.

Edited by Puzzleboy

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I agree.  But Hemis do have a good reputation for bullet-proofness, and are N/A conventional engines.   

Mine is going strong at 13 years old.  Lots of EcoBoost issues though out there.  I wouldn't want to own one out of warranty. 

Still true today - "There's no replacement, for displacement".   

The early EB were a problem no doubt, not sure anymore.  I have a F150 5.4L and when I get another truck it will be an 8 unless they don't make them anymore.  Hemi's are solid engines.  I really don't care about slightly better mileage as that is the least of my concerns for buying a truck unless I was putting on 80K per year. 

• Like 2

I agree.  I always laugh when people pay $60k for a truck, and worry about fuel mileage.  And 70% don't even need a truck.....

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The early EB were a problem no doubt, not sure anymore.  I have a F150 5.4L and when I get another truck it will be an 8 unless they don't make them anymore.  Hemi's are solid engines.  I really don't care about slightly better mileage as that is the least of my concerns for buying a truck unless I was putting on 80K per year. 

On 5/7/2017 at 2:31 PM, atc said:

My first Titanxd was pretty much if not the first in Canada 30,000 flawless km. It was an sv premium. I got the chance to trade up to the pro4x for less money. I did. Something wasn't right with it selling dealer wasn't my usual. Took it in for its first oil change at my usual dealer and we found out I should never been allowed to drive it the way it was it had a mandatory recall on the Bi-turbo. It went back to selling dealer. They replaced and assured me truck was good. But something wasn't right. I tried grabbing another titanxd but ford dealer was $5000 better on trade value. So I did but I'm just not a ford guy. Too many the same around me lol. 

Nissan was offering me $18000 off another xd. But I use to be a Dodge guy and considering another go around.

I have a 14 pro4x that has been good and I'm considering dealing up to the 17 titan gas model what's your opinion ATC?

11 minutes ago, firecatguy said:

I have a 14 pro4x that has been good and I'm considering dealing up to the 17 titan gas model what's your opinion ATC?

If it had a longer wheel base for travel trailer towing it would have been my only choice. Economy way better then yours. I advise to go sv premium or higher to get the better interior. Alot of models around $11,000 off right now and the standard 160,000 km warranty.

6 hours ago, Reevester said:

Looks like I'm going with the 5.0 with the loaded sports package.

BOOOM, 5.0 is junk, as  matter of fact all ford truck engines now are potentially very pricey if you keep them out of warranty.

Of course, it's a Ford. 

Yeah, who would want 500,000 trouble free kms........ LOL  We're not all ballers like UTS makin' it rain daily......

7 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

who the hell wants to own a truck with 500,000 km on it,

once mine reaches 150. down the road

1 hour ago, Boered said:

BOOOM, 5.0 is junk, as  matter of fact all ford truck engines now are potentially very pricey if you keep them out of warranty.

Keep justify having a clapped out 4.6 I did it for the last few years. Did get 8500 for my 08 reg cab. Mind you it had only 96k on it. 

47 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Of course, it's a Ford. 

Yeah, who would want 500,000 trouble free kms........ LOL  We're not all ballers like UTS makin' it rain daily......

Interior or the dodges was just to plain for me even on the outdoors package. And the dial shift is pretty gay. 

3 hours ago, atc said:

If it had a longer wheel base for travel trailer towing it would have been my only choice. Economy way better then yours. I advise to go sv premium or higher to get the better interior. Alot of models around $11,000 off right now and the standard 160,000 km warranty.

Beauty, I don't tow a big trailer and I told him to quote me out a pro4 or SL I want leather

3 minutes ago, firecatguy said:

Beauty, I don't tow a big trailer and I told him to quote me out a pro4 or SL I want leather

Leather in the pro4x has a/c seats. Pretty much same as platinum reserve with option list. base pro4x is well optioned to with a mix of vinyl/cloth. The SL with the leather is just heated seat. But alot of similar options as base pro4x minus off road features. The air dam on the SL does make an improvement in economy over the pro4x 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Of course, it's a Ford. 

Aint no such thing as 500,000 trouble free kms.

I've owned my '12 Hemi for just over a year and there's nothing free about it. We can start with the exhaust manifolds.

• Like 1