Yup, use it all the time.  Great product.

But, like painting anything 90% is the preparation.  I start with a heavy duty soap and scrub the piss out of it.  Then switch to a wax & grease remover.  More is not better.  Resist urge to over apply coats.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, joesale said:

Holy crap! 

That looks like  new.

Bulldog adhesion promoter is a good product too. You spray it on before the color.  Well worth the money.

• Gold Member

I was planning on using all SEM products, soap, vinyl prep, and the coating. Maybe the tack free stuff too.

After 10% bleach/water to kill any mold.

Stuff looks amazing.

5 hours ago, joesale said:

Anyone here ever try this stuff?

Thinking about using this on my pontoon seats instead of replacing them. The seats are mildew stained, no rips or tears.

https://www.semproducts.com/marine-refinish/vinyl-coattm

MMR is the best mold remover out .

I tried all kinds of shit over the yrs with a ton of elbow grease. to remove all sorts of mold that had soaked in to the soft vinyl over engine hatch where cover sits on and just festers when wet

then I yanked out some mold remover we use from time to time on heavy duty bad jobs .

with in 5 min it was all gone and has not come back in a yr .

https://www.fastmoldremoval.com/product/mmr-mold-stain-remover/

best stuff I have found for any mold issue . in enclosed aria u should prob use respirator . I would not use on stuff like carpet with out a test spot could fuck up color ? but have used on wood plastic fiberglass painted wood vinyl fabrics ie boat seats and cushions.

I did use on the cover where mold  was with no color issues   

1 minute ago, joesale said:

I was planning on using all SEM products, soap, vinyl prep, and the coating. Maybe the tack free stuff too.

Stuff looks amazing.

fyi the bleach will not totally kill the mold . that is what the remediation guys tell me any way . they are the ones who turned me on to mmr  .

3 minutes ago, joesale said:

Stuff looks amazing.

U in metro MN ?

asking because if so I would hook up with u and give u a quart to try out because I know gets expensive if not buying a case and having to pay hazmat shipping

Stuff looks amazing.

:bc:

Never had a problem with any of their products.  I bought another brand to do a small piece and it was absolute garbage.  Like water.

Crystal.

That might work out pretty good.

I am in mound but all around town all the time . I have been having to go to crystal bass lk pretty close by target  more than I would like now days to deal with mother-in-law getting early on set dementia bad. U from those parts originally? if so u around 47?asking cuz my wife went to school there    

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yep, I work for a SEM distributor,  It's good stuff and works well, PREP IS KEY!!, and you might want to use an adhesion promoter.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Yep, I work for a SEM distributor,  It's good stuff and works well, PREP IS KEY!!, and you might want to use an adhesion promoter.

Nice, I plan on using their vinyl prep.

• Like 1