Gas & Diesel

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Why has this changed?  Have they finally out priced and over complicated diesel vehicles?

Deisel is cheaper to refine in the summer.

33 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Overall I am sure it is in all seasons.  But, It hasn't been cheaper than gas in years. 

many years...  

I follow oil prices and the crude vs price at the pump correlation is pretty far out of whack as I can recall.  Oil related companies profits have been... up.

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

many years...  

I follow oil prices and the crude vs price at the pump correlation is pretty far out of whack as I can recall.  Oil related companies profits have been... up.

No one could explain to me a few years ago why gas and diesel was 1.90+ at the pump and the price of crude on the market was 0.  
“oh it takes time for the market to react”.

Well the market never reacted until the price of crude went back up to +$30 /barrel, and then guess which way it reacted?:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My first diesel truck was back in 05.  Its was like $.60 gallon cheaper then for about 3 months.   Since its only been less a handful of times. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

$3.69 for 87 octane

$3.49 for diesel

locally...

3.56 for 87

4.03 for diesel 

Just a couple hrs north of you. I haven't seen under $4 locally since before covid 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

3.56 for 87

4.03 for diesel 

Just a couple hrs north of you. I haven't seen under $4 locally since before covid 

10 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

$3.89 for diesel, $3.49 for gas here.

To both... :dunno:

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

To both... :dunno:

Could be your local market or how your local refinery is set up.  The conversion to ULSD pretty much ended the days of diesel being lower than gas.

For a few months here in AZ we were inverted.  Gas was 5/gal and diesel 4.39/gal as recently as two weeks ago, but now they're about the same or diesel slightly above.

Yesterday I ran down to the local cumberland farms to fill 2 jugs for the tractor 

Diesel was $5.99 , Thought , just my luck, get oil burner back and its thru the fucking roof again.

Then today I started looking while driving. Most places were $3.79 - $4.19 How do they justify charging $2 a gallon more . Fuck that place Im never going back

• Like 1