Cheaper then a Camry

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Of course.  That would be like an ICE engine failing out of warranty.  I happens as well.

Exactly, glad we are on the same page..So what's it cost to replace a battery unit in a Tesla model S out of warranty?

I just got a 4.4L twin turbo V8 from the BMW dealership for $3900 today..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Of course.  That would be like an ICE engine failing out of warranty.  I happens as well.

You can buy alot of engines for what an EV battery costs.

These same people taking tax incentives are first ones to bitch about their taxes going up!

no matter how you look at it tax incentives take away income state and feds taking in so in turn they raise taxes to make up from loss tax revenue!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That wasn’t the question? Can we stay on topic a, fuck dude you’re the OP

5 hours ago, BOHICA said:

When the Model 3’s Rear-Wheel-Drive trim level is purchased at its sticker price of $40,240, the federal tax credit of $7,500 and the California tax rebate of $7,500, brings the price down to $25,240, which undercuts the cost of the Camry, which is listed at $26,320 in its entry-level configuration.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-cheaper-toyota-camry-california/

JUNK

let's not forget an ev has a motor or motors as well as the battery. drive units, lots of wiring , modules, sensors, cameras , special tires they shred , a regular car battery, and suspension parts holding a lot of weight. hummer ev is 9500 lbs

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, X2700 said:

These same people taking tax incentives are first ones to bitch about their taxes going up!

no matter how you look at it tax incentives take away income state and feds taking in so in turn they raise taxes to make up from loss tax revenue!!

So you are bitching about taxes going down on individuals?

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So you are bitching about taxes going down on individuals?

I dont think he is. It is the picking winners bullshit. I should get 7500 towards my Ram 1500 this fall. No Ev for me and most Ever!

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I dont think he is. It is the picking winners bullshit. I should get 7500 towards my Ram 1500 this fall. No Ev for me and most Ever!

Wait for the Ram Rev and if the MSRP is under 80k you should be good to go and if your income is under 150k single or 300k married.  But need to make sure you have enough income tax obligation to get that $7500 off.

but look at the type that bitched about Trump tax cuts to people and business is what I’m referencing….  Most people bitch about other people not pay enough in taxes, kind of like you are doing.

We ever get to the bottom of how much a battery pack in a model S costs to have replaced?? I don't think we have gotten an answer yet..:wtf:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

I wouldn’t worry about having to replace an engine and transmission in a Camry like I wouldn’t worry about having to replace a battery in a Tesla.  That is worrying about a hypothetical.

$20000 to $35000 on a Tesla to replace a battery and that's not including incidentals. Battery modules range from $5000 to $7000.

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

As much as an engine and tranny

Well then we would have to factor in the electric motors on the Tesla also if we are going to get into drive train assembly failures too.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

$20000 to $35000 on a Tesla to replace a battery and that's not including incidentals. Battery modules range from $5000 to $7000.

And afterwards you still have a piece of shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I wouldn’t worry about having to replace an engine and transmission in a Camry like I wouldn’t worry about having to replace a battery in a Tesla.  That is worrying about a hypothetical.

But if they did go on both cars without warranty, which would be alot more expensive to fix? The Camry or the Tesla?

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I wouldn’t have Tesla do it on a 300,000 mile plus vehicle.  Would buy second hand/repurposed/refurbished pack like I would on a Camry.  Going to Toyota and having them put in a factory fresh engine wouldnt  make sense on a 10+ year old Camry with 300,000 miles on it when you could get a junk yard replacement for cheaper then Toyota would in stall a new long block for.

Edited by BOHICA

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

How much is a battery replacement in a Tesla model S? Thinking about it, wrong comparison with comparing that to a motor replacement since the battery is actually the fuel powering electric motors..I guess we would need to compare the battery pack replacement to putting a new fuel tank in a Camry if we want to compare apples to apples 

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

I wouldn’t have Tesla do it on a 300,000 mile plus vehicle.  Would buy second hand/repurposed/refurbished pack like I would on a Camry.  Going to Toyota and having them put in a factory fresh engine wouldnt  make sense on a 10+ year old Camry with 300,000 miles on it when you could get a junk yard replacement for cheaper then Toyota would in stall a new long block for.

Answer the fucking question.

19 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Wait for the Ram Rev and if the MSRP is under 80k you should be good to go and if your income is under 150k single or 300k married.  But need to make sure you have enough income tax obligation to get that $7500 off.

but look at the type that bitched about Trump tax cuts to people and business is what I’m referencing….  Most people bitch about other people not pay enough in taxes, kind of like you are doing.

No EV! If Ram went only EV, I would just drive old, reliable. Anyone who thinks EV's are better, never towed a trailer cross Country. I do it weekly.