79 Years Ago Today

57 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Oh yes I forgot. You didn't really serve. You just played the part. The real soldiers fought. Carry on.

:bc:

YOU NEED HIM ON THAT WALL!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Stalin was no different than Hitler. The allies made it much easier for him to succeed. 

The allies used him to defeat the Germans. The land the soviets took would prevent Germany from rebuilding again like the allies tried to do to Germany after WW1 and the treaty of versailles.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So they owned nothing and were happy.

I have known a couple dozen people who escaped the Soviet union. They love their culture but living there was pretty difficult and even dangerous.

Several have moved back in retirement however. They are much different post Soviet. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Next thing you know, they want to digitize your money for some strange reason.......

Don't worry, spin says that won't happen. It's just a conspiracy. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Anler said:

The allies used him to defeat the Germans. The land the soviets took would prevent Germany from rebuilding again like the allies tried to do to Germany after WW1 and the treaty of versailles.

Of course they did. We still do this today. It's backfired huge.

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Oh yes I forgot. You didn't really serve. You just played the part. The real soldiers fought. Carry on.

Well fuck... sure do wish there had been a war... would have been so much more convenient... :lol:

16 years of making myself available and the assholes had to go and have peace... that sucked...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

smh.  Uncalled for.

47 minutes ago, HSR said:

YOU NEED HIM ON THAT WALL!!!!!!!!!

stfu 

• Like 1

My favorite.... "you didn't fight a war so you ain't a real soldier'.....

Over 60 years of service in my family, just our generation, but we weren't real because no war...

How very novel... :lol:

25 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's all about theft bro. 

Absolutely!

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

Well fuck... sure do wish there had been a war... would have been so much more convenient... :lol:

16 years of making myself available and the assholes had to go and have peace... that sucked...

Puff that chest out some more.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

My favorite.... "you didn't fight a war so you ain't a real soldier'.....

Over 60 years of service in my family, just our generation, but we weren't real because no war...

How very novel... :lol:

The ultimate cheap seat comment imo.

• Like 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

The ultimate cheap seat comment imo.

Some real assholes out there but hey it’s 2023 so no surprise.

Society is shit 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Absolutely!

Puff that chest out some more.

Oh, it's out there, believe me... :bc:

I'll continue to appreciate Veterans Day, you continue on with Pride Month... :lol:

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Channeling your inner Trump today?

Just now, SkisNH said:

Channeling your inner Trump today?

Just calling it like I see it. I've never known one to brag about their service like I've seen Snake do. 

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Just calling it like I see it. I've never known one to brag about their service like I've seen Snake do. 

Maybe he is proud of it?  Nothing wrong with that.  It just dawned on me why you wear that goofy looking helmet that you do, it sure as hell isn’t much for cranial protection lol.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Maybe he is proud of it?  Nothing wrong with that.  It just dawned on me why you wear that goofy looking helmet that you do, it sure as hell isn’t much for cranial protection lol.

:lol:

I don't want to find out.

37 minutes ago, Snake said:

Oh, it's out there, believe me... :bc:

I'll continue to appreciate Veterans Day, you continue on with Pride Month... :lol:

Nice edit. Poser.

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

some really classy posts on this one... 9_9

my landlord from 1992-1995 fought at Normandy and the Battle of the Bulge... but never talked about it.  

rip Arthur... 

my neighbour back home in NS was in WW2 he would never say a word unless he was drunk and passed out.

would curse like crazy at the Germans. He was left for dead for 3days with his hip blown off 

tough old bugger 

• Like 3

Another day on FS :handjob: 

Some of you morons, unable to pay the proper respect on day like today, or even pay respect to those who've served.  Maybe just STFU if the only thing you can do is criticize.  I don't care if someone served in peacetime or not, they served!  And anything could have happened during their X number of years in service, so they were at least willing.  Buncha ungrateful bitches :bigfinger:

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Well that didn’t take long for the clown show to start. Stick around you posse should be along shorty 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

OK that article is full of shit. OK?  “ Atlantic” is leftist liberal garbage, who had five years of hit pieces against Trum…. zero credibility.  Fucking rag is owned and managed by Steve Jobs wife.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Confused 1