79 Years Ago Today

"On 6 June 1944 – 'D-Day' – Allied forces launched the largest amphibious invasion in the history of warfare. Codenamed Operation 'Overlord', the Allied landings on the beaches of Normandy marked the start of a long and costly campaign to liberate north-west Europe from Nazi occupation."

All of our lives would be much different if it weren't for the sacrifice of America's greatest generation. 

AgreeableGreatErne-size_restricted.gif

• Like 8

IMG_2814.jpeg
More than 14,000 Canadian soldiers landed or parachuted into France on D-Day. The Royal Canadian Navy contributed 110 warships and 10,000 sailors and the RCAF contributed 15 fighter and fighter-bomber squadrons to the assault

Edited by toslow
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Incredible time in history, so much bravery and sacrifice.   Growing up, a couple neighbors we had up the street, met during the invasion of France.  One was an army private, and the other one was French resistance.  They became close friends, the Frenchman came to America, and they built houses right next door to one another.  I never knew any of this until one of their sons told the story years later.  We can only wonder what the world would look like if the allies hadn't succeeded.

• Like 2

I don't think there is a thing in the world that any country could do to us that would bring men to the call of service to the country. I feel days like those are long gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I don't think there is a thing in the world that any country could do to us that would bring men to the call of service to the country. I feel days like those are long gone.

I think that is sad, but that you are right.  There are plenty of young, bright and courageous young people out there, but there is also a large demographic of lazy entitled gender confused twats addicted to social media.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Incredible time in history, so much bravery and sacrifice.   Growing up, a couple neighbors we had up the street, met during the invasion of France.  One was an army private, and the other one was French resistance.  They became close friends, the Frenchman came to America, and they built houses right next door to one another.  I never knew any of this until one of their sons told the story years later.  We can only wonder what the world would look like if the allies hadn't succeeded.

Whose to say it would be any different. After everyone left the Russians basically did what the Germans were doing. They killed as many Germans as the Germans killed jews. For some reason it's only the Jews who were felt sorry for.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Whose to say it would be any different. After everyone left the Russians basically did what the Germans were doing. They killed as many Germans as the Germans killed jews. For some reason it's only the Jews who were felt sorry for.

Thats just a narrative that the left has been peddling, and i don't subscribe to it.  Why would we feel sorry for the Germans?  The Russians had good reason to hate the Germans.  The whole world did.  I don't have the % in front of me, but a huge portion of the Jewish population was wiped out in a genocidal way.  

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I think that is sad, but that you are right.  There are plenty of young, bright and courageous young people out there, but there is also a large demographic of lazy entitled gender confused twats addicted to social media.

Can't get enough of the fucking pussies in peace time for 2 years now for Christ's sake...

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats just a narrative that the left has been peddling, and i don't subscribe to it.  Why would we feel sorry for the Germans?  The Russians had good reason to hate the Germans.  The whole world did.  I don't have the % in front of me, but a huge portion of the Jewish population was wiped out in a genocidal way.  

Not all Germans were nazis. My family lived through the war in Germany and survived what the Russians did to them. Many didn't. It's not a fucking narrative at all. So fuck you.

14 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

How many Russians died in WW2?

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Not all Germans were nazis. My family lived through the war in Germany and survived what the Russians did to them. Many didn't. It's not a fucking narrative at all. So fuck you.

First they came for the retarded and the insane, and I did nothing because I was not one. Then they came for the deviates, and I did nothing. Then they came for the jews, and I did nothing. Then they came for me. And no one came........

16 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

The Germans killed 750,000 Russians in Stalingrad alone. On Russian soil. While I won't excuse anything done after the fact, actions have consequences.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

First they came for the retarded and the insane, and I did nothing because I was not one. Then they came for the deviates, and I did nothing. Then they came for the jews, and I did nothing. Then they came for me. And no one came........

Sums up Steve in a nutshell.  "I just want to travel"

Just now, Steve753 said:

I'm aware that all Germans were not nazis.  But their country was ruled by them.  I'm sorry for what your family went through, but the nazis killed 17 million people mostly Jews and Russians.  Other statistics show that 27 million Russians died during the war.  I don't know how many Germans died, but no one is defending loss of life, just understanding why the Russians did what they did.

World War II casualties of the Soviet Union - Wikipedia

24024.jpeg

World_War_II_Casualties.svg.png

27 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

First and foremost thank you to those that served and gave the ultimate sacrifice on this anniversary of D-Day. 

The pussification of our military is full go right now.

Edited by Highmark

19 minutes ago, Snake said:

Can't get enough of the fucking pussies in peace time for 2 years now for Christ's sake...

Honestly, with how our government has behaved the past several years, and what has now been exposed, I'm not sure I blame them.  One of the guys in my golf leagues boy had both his lower legs blown off in Afghanistan, I can tell you he isn't too happy about our government these days.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Almost 30 million Russians died in WW2.  Yah, fuck the German Nazis.

Stalin stole all of the private land and killed alot of his own people after the war also. All of these wars should be a reminder that authoritarian govt can only give you this. 

• Like 5

Just now, Anler said:

Stalin stole all of the private land and killed alot of his own people after the war also. All of these wars should be a reminder that authoritarian govt can only give you this. 

Next thing you know, they want to digitize your money for some strange reason.......